JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about adding this one to either the lug nut or fender paint warning threads but...
Anyways, I've had my new jeep for almost a month now and have noticed the wipers are absolutely horrible. I've replaced them with middle quality Bosch blades but yet they still just smear the rain away. I'm thinking its some kinda film on the window. Anybody have an idea on a good way to scrub it without scratching the shit out of it?

· Registered
11,420 Posts
Try clay barring the windshield for grit/grime. Rainx coating helps too.

Sent via paper airplane

· Registered
2,049 Posts
yep. make sure its 0000 though. learned about it when i was trying to get paint overspray off my windshield. and using it with toothpaste you can polish out sand chips. (i havent personally tried that one)

· Registered
1,149 Posts
The dealership probably got whatever goop they use to make the plastic look all wet in the engine bay on the windshield. Try cleaning it with alcohol and newspaper and Rain-X is a must. I've used it on all my vehicles however the Jeep's windshield is so vertical the water drops don't float away as fast as on cars.

· Registered
510 Posts
Middle quality Bosch blades? Are you using the ones that are a bow? I've used that type on two vehicles now and have found they pretty much suck. I've always had my best luck with Rain-X blades using Rain-x windsheild fluid. I never put the Rain-x stuff on the windsheild.

· Registered
119 Posts
Something is up! We've had our '13 JKUR since the beginning of October and driven in a couple pretty nasty downpours. The only issue I have is with the windshield being near vertical the rain gets held on the windshield until the wiper pushes it off.

I did lose the passenger side wiper arm cover during the first rainstorm I drove in though. It just flew off. Tell me that wasn't a "quality" install issue from the factory!?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.