JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so who has had to replace their windshield?? Mine is cracked in two places....but I am afraid to get it replaced as I have heard stories about the Jeep getting all scratched up during replacement???? UGH.:bawling: Plus being a Jeep I know it might get a chip as I drive it home after getting it replaced so maybe I sould just wait until it caves in??;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have replaced mine already. I found If I flick the rocks out of my tires before getting on a highway you cut the chances way down of chips. 3000 miles/2 chips first windshield...11500 now with no chips, Good Luck!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I replaced mine in November after hitting a bird. Week or two later a snow plow threw a rock at me and now have a small chip in the corner. First windshield cost me $300, no problems with scratches on the frame or any other damage.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a new CRACK in mine now. 4500 miles and it looks like a rock got me with a TINY chip. I didn't notice it and after my jeep sat for a couple weeks, I got in it and was welcomed with a huge CRACK!
DAMN IT!:pissed:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have two cracks...ick. First I had one then another started...both are outside of the drivers line of view so I think I am going to hold off on the new windshield....unless this one caves in...;)
there are many more fun things to buy....like a matching cowgirl hat to my new cowgirl boots that match my Jeep....ya know? ; )

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also on my second windshield, with small dings in it. The windshield shop guy and I are on first names :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine cracked....first time I had to use the defroster...dealer tried to tell me there was a pit, but I got the "pen test" on it and showed them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What's the "pen" test?
You run the ball point of a pin along the crack, and if there is a pit from a rock, then the pen catches..if there is no catch, then there is no pit and therefore unlikely a rock or some foreign object has hit the windshield and caused the crack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts