JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to have my windshield replaced. I talked to the glass company and they said they are installing foam around the windshield on all JK windshields they install. Has anybody had this done? They said it cuts the wind noise down.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Mine wasn't replaced but was removed for a hail damage repaint. They put it back in with the goo just like it came from the factory.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've installed these with the foam before. Some without. The JK is a very finicky windshield install due to the exposed edge, most of the time the foam is used to keep excess adhesives from bleeding out and becoming visible. Say for instance on a white one, I would use a foam dam, black one unlikely.
Jay

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
I've installed these with the foam before. Some without. The JK is a very finicky windshield install due to the exposed edge, most of the time the foam is used to keep excess adhesives from bleeding out and becoming visible. Say for instance on a white one, I would use a foam dam, black one unlikely.
Jay
they put it on mine and it looked like shit they use it when they are to lazy to try and get the gap perfect around the windshiled

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are some vehicles that replacement techs can fly through, and others they shouldn't. The JK is one of them that I have to take my time with. It's way too easy to mess something up on them.
Jay

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
There are some vehicles that replacement techs can fly through, and others they shouldn't. The JK is one of them that I have to take my time with. It's way too easy to mess something up on them.
Jay
Very true. The glass guy that did mine a couple of weeks ago, who happens to also be a good friend, took a lot longer then expected to change mine out. Have to be very careful when removing to not scratch the frame. No foam on mine, just urethane (the black goo). Good Luck!:beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts