JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
I've done em before and had them fail (crack developed from the chip and another that pitted out after and became a white color).

I would guess that your insurance would reimburse you to pay for professional repair.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I've gotten about 6 rock chips in the last 2 months and the wind shield is not in all that good of shape anymore... I've been putting crazy glue in the cracks now, done that for the last 3 or 4 and seems to keeping them from cracking anymore. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
308 Posts
I tried one about 4 years ago on my wifes Grand Cherokee... not good. Looked like a 2nd grade class project. There was s#!t all over the place. :shaking:

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
safelite has it down they drill a whole in the center then put this plunger thingy with epoxy in it and inject it in the crack work great i had one on my silverado done and 9 months later you cant even tell its there

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
safelite has it down they drill a whole in the center then put this plunger thingy with epoxy in it and inject it in the crack work great i had one on my silverado done and 9 months later you cant even tell its there
Even if it's already spidered out? It's about the size of a quarter.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My winshield is F'd. But I've got glass insurance, once I get around to replacing this pane, then the next one's covered; chips, cracks, and smashes, totally worth $2 a month extra to protect the rock magnet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.