JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been beat to death already and I looked back through prior threads...I am looking to run a set of KC 130w Slimlines on my windshield...I already have 6 switches installed in my dash that are 16a 12v rocker SPST...How should I go about running the wiring from the lights to the switch?...Can I run a hot thru an in-line fuse to one side of the switch and then to the lights or do I need a relay too?...If someone has a diagram (even a rough one) that would be helpful...

I am thinking of getting a Blue Sea #5026 (12 Blade Fuse Block w/Cover) and mount it up under the dash somewhere...I plan on adding the following in the future and would like to do it right the first time...

Winch, front aux lights, rear aux lights, rock lights, and an air compressor (ARB's)...

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

:beer:

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Do the right thing and get a relay. you can even get a relay box to have all the relays for all those items in one place. YOu can pick up one from the auto parts store for $10 or so.

HEre is how you wire the posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
definitely relay it. It's not hard to do, and will protect your rig from potentially hazardous situation.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the right thing and get a relay. you can even get a relay box to have all the relays for all those items in one place. YOu can pick up one from the auto parts store for $10 or so.

HEre is how you wire the posts

Cool...This will help out alot...Thank you!

Where can I get a 6 relay box at?...Also, what size relay would I need for the lights and a winch (future)?...

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Cool...This will help out alot...Thank you!

Where can I get a 6 relay box at?...Also, what size relay would I need for the lights and a winch (future)?...

What you will be looking at is the Amps. 20 amp should be plenty for any of those.

The winch? are you doing a in cab winch controller? If so, the winch already has relays. Otherwise it would be a pain running 4 gauge cable into the cabin :thefinger:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What you will be looking at is the Amps. 20 amp should be plenty for any of those.
Cool...Any suggestion on where to get a box?

The winch? are you doing a in cab winch controller? If so, the winch already has relays. Otherwise it would be a pain running 4 gauge cable into the cabin :thefinger:
Eventually I when I get the winch I will want in cab controls...

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Where can I get a 6 relay box at?...
I am just going to probably use a project box and make one.

Otherewise, PM Alec W. He has done a ton of research and found a really nice one from somewhere overseas. I think he has posted the link somewhere on here.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found it too...I will have to research it and see what all I will need...Prices seem pretty good...

That is basically an sPod. http://www.4x4s-pod.com/

I am not an electronics guru but this dude (John) really is. This takes about 30 minutes to install and fits perfectly.
Yeah that is a VERY NICE product but like I said before I already have 6 switches installed...Though it is very nice and seems like it would be very easy to install, I really can't swing the "better half" to let me blow $425+ for that set-up...I have her on board for $150-$200 max...:bawling:

·
Registered
934 Posts
If you call John he may be able to do a better price, no guarantees. This may also spark him to be a sponsor over here, who knows.

Ok, so if you don't get it now, get it in the future. Take your 6 most complicated items and wire them right to your sPOD. use the existing 6 switches for your simple set ups.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The sPOD is really a awesome device, I am hoping to get one soon.. The price is a bit steep but you get what you pay for!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts