JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys/gals made your own windshield light mounts? If so please post some pics. I have a few ideas rattlin' 'round upstairs but looking for more ideas. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have 2 or 3 sets laying around if you want one. people keep giving them to me lol
That would be awesome 2k2, what do I owe ya for a set?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
whatever a flat rate box costs. PM me tonight and remind me. I'll dig a set out of the garage.
Sweet, will do.

If its not to much trouble 2k2 could you post some pics this afternoon of those mounts you have?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hella 500's bolt right on with no bracket. Best part is, with no bracket they fit super close to the windshield and don't touch the antenae at all. I don't know if this would work with other lights.

Just remove the lower bolt of the windshield frame and put it throught the base of the light. I cut a mouse pad to fit between the paint and the light.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hella 500's bolt right on with no bracket. Best part is, with no bracket they fit super close to the windshield and don't touch the antenae at all. I don't know if this would work with other lights.

Just remove the lower bolt of the windshield frame and put it throught the base of the light. I cut a mouse pad to fit between the paint and the light.
Interesting! Any pics?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I worked a couple of hours and BOOM I had enough cash to buy the KC mounting brackets which have worked great.

So I guess in the Ricardian sense of roundabout production and competitive advantage I made my own brackets :thefinger:

·
Registered
660 Posts

I made these out of some sheet metal I had laying around the house. I still have the template, Im sure I could scan it in and email it to anyone who wanted to make them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts