1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Well, for your first real wheeling trip you picked a nice not so easy trail! You earned lots of Jeep points for that! Great pics of some nice rigs. You should post some imbedded pics in this link, that way you'll get a lot more replys. Lots of guys don't like to click thru to image links.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trail 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 19, 38 (Little School Bus), 39 (Caddilac Hill), 40 (Rail Trail)
we looked at #47 (Rattle Rock) and said "No way". There was no way I woulda made it and the others would have been on just that one trail all day long. Those are all of I can remember right now, I'm sure there were more. Most every trail we ran was difficult to most difficult. But when the rest of the group has bigger rigs, thats the chance you take. Nobody wants to wheel the "easy" trails when they have tons of time and money invested to run the hardest trails. So I just brought up the rear and followed when I could. Only had to back down 2 times and the obstacles were just way to big for no lift and 33's.

39 was a lot of fun and we ran it down hill. I thought it should have been marked "most difficult" instead of just "difficult". We had some trouble finding some of the trails due to poor markings in our opinion. But it was only the groups 2nd time to the park and my 1st trip, so that had some to do with it I'm sure. We just need to go more often and get use to the park and how to navigate around.

Great place tho, I would highly recommend making it there, and go more than only one time. it's a huge park and there are a lot of good trails that I'm sure we never came across.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah of those I have run 15, 13, and part of 39. There are a lot of good trails and I need to run many of the ones ya'll ran when you were here glad ya'll had a good time. Let me know next time you're down!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deffinately would like to come back next year. I will let you know if and when another trip is planned.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I'm moving to West Knoxville in a couple weeks. Was out there house hunting not long ago and I made sure I took the rental car (charger with the 3.6 btw) to go check out Windrock. I was able to check out the camping areas but couldn't see a damn trail through all those trees. I was hoping to at least see or walk a couple trails but I guess that's one thing I'm going to have to get used to back east, visibility of about 100 feet. Can't wait to get my Jeep there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts