JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
If you can't get help from the dealer you can prime and then bedline your hinges for a rugged look. I've seen a few people on here that have done it and it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bed lined mine ...

·
Registered
5 Posts

I purchased a used 2008 in July of 2011 at a used car lot it had 19,000 km noticed corrosion on hinges in Oct ,Took it to a jeep dealer they repainted all hinges no questions asked . I was asked to sign the invoice from body shop for $ 998.00 That Chrysler paid the body shop . Its worth a trip to a dealer

·
Registered
426 Posts
My hinges bubbled on my front doors. My tires sling shit on the back door hinges and they were chipped up pretty bad. I bedlined the body hinges and the door hinges and have yet to get a chip. I did let the dealer repaint the fronts at no charge.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My hinges bubbled on my front doors. My tires sling shit on the back door hinges and they were chipped up pretty bad. I bedlined the body hinges and the door hinges and have yet to get a chip. I did let the dealer repaint the fronts at no charge.

That looks great. My hinges are looking like hell, and I'm getting ready to do this myself, but I've got a few questions. Did you remove the hinges to bedline them? Or did you mask them off? If you removed them, did you line the back side of them? What kind of prep did you do, sanding, scuffing, etc?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Your mirror left it's mark...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.