JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there is anything out there to block the wind a little when the top is down. I got an almost 3 year old son who likes when I take the hard top panels off but I am worried it might be a little too windy when it is soft top time in a month or so. I am looking for any tips or suggestions.
Thanks Gregg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not sure of your setup, but I have a JKU with hardtop. Hard top is always off. I have a spiderweb shade also. When my 2 1/2ish yr old rides in the back seat put the freedom panels on above the front seats and put all the windows up and shes good with just the little breeze she gets in the back seat. I can drive at freeway speeds and it doesnt bother her. At stop signs or slow speeds I put the windows down for her. Like I said, not sure if you're JK or JKU cuz you didnt specify, but it works for my situation. I guess you'd be able to throw freedom panels on with the soft top down right? not sure how it all fits as I don't have a soft top.

kinda off topic but one thing i also do when shes back there is tilt my rear view mirror to about a 45 degree angle and i can see her face in the lower portion of the mirror and still see traffic behind me in the upper portion, helps me keep from turning around and being able to keep an eye on her.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@camo, so you are driving with the hard top panels in and the back part of the hard top off?
I saw the spider shade and I am wondering if it helps a lot?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looking for more input on this one.....have a 2dr soft top myself, my 2 yr old also hates the wind over 20mph, would love to see some cheap options, pics of what you guys have.....freedom top parts are not in the budget....thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
gshaw, yeah they just bolt back in place without the rear being on. spider web shade stays on underneath the freedom panels so its pretty easy to just throw them on if i know she's going with me in the Jeep. I think the spider shade covering her roof area does just enough to keep the majority of the big gust off of her, I see her hair blowing just a bit, but shes perfectly fine doing 80mph like that. if i open the windows though it's a different story, she gets blasted obviously.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See I have a soft top that I will be putting on soon. Question how hard is it to install the spider shade and can it stay in place with the soft top up too or would I have to remove the spider shade to put the soft top up. He loves the top off too but just don't want him getting whipped with the gusts. Will keep the windows closed

·
Registered
125 Posts
See I have a soft top that I will be putting on soon. Question how hard is it to install the spider shade and can it stay in place with the soft top up too or would I have to remove the spider shade to put the soft top up. He loves the top off too but just don't want him getting whipped with the gusts. Will keep the windows closed

Installation of the spider shade is easy. It's nothing but bunjee cords holding it on, just a few minutes. But as far as it working with a soft top, can't help you there, not sure of all the mechanicals of the soft top that you need to be able to access how it all mouts or whatever. I'd THINK it would work, but, that'd have to be a question for the spider web shade people I think. Unless someone with a soft top and SWS chimes in on it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
it straps to the rollbar only, the whole thing fits inside the rollbars width wise, then it goes up over the sound bar and straps to the back roll bar. it also attaches to the front windshield frame on the inside at 3 places. does not require windshield header channel or any door surrounds. only the roll bar.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Yes mines still on under the top. Doest effect the soft top at all. Positive or negative. It's just there :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts