JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wired up a warn power interrupt kit (solenoid) to my winch with a plasmaglow switch. The solenoid is powered from a keyed power source. Everything functions well. But the led on the switch only lights up if I have the positive lead from the winch connected to the battery. I can hear the solenoid click on and off with button press when winch is disconnected but no led. Is this normal? Isn't the switch led and solenoid powered from its lead to the ignition power source regardless of the winch lead to the battery??? Just wanna make sure somethings not wrong and winch current is somehow passing thru the switch. Thank you

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you getting the power for the light in the switch from the terminal on the solenoid that goes to the battery? That's the only way I can think of that describes what you have.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you getting the power for the light in the switch from the terminal on the solenoid that goes to the battery? That's the only way I can think of that describes what you have.
No... Apparently I'm an idiot. I tried it again today and everything worked as expected. The led must have been lighting regardless of the winch positive lead being hooked up last nite. Not sure what made me think that. Maybe it was whiskey #3... But thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts