JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my friends, i want to ask yours about the smittybilt XRC 8 Comp edition winch, i see here in the forum some people using this winch, so what opinion about this specific winch, its a good option price - quality - thanks!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have had it on my Jeep for close to 7 months now... No complaints at all, it gets the job done and i have used it quite a few times... The only complaint I would have is that it does not free spool as well, and you have to draw the line out under power... other than that a good winch worth the $$$...

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
As stated above, the biggest problem I've seen with Smittybuilt and other "cheaper" winch options are the fact that they're so slow. If I'm winching I want to be efficient and get my ass out of the way for the next guy as quickly as possible. For the price I have to say that's a minor tradeoffs, and certainly better than no winch at all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so its better save more $$$ and get a M8000, someone here running the new warn VR8000 i know its a chinese stuff but stills a warn, so wondering about the reliabilty??? thanks guys:beer:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
so its better save more $$$ and get a M8000, someone here running the new warn VR8000 i know its a chinese stuff but stills a warn, so wondering about the reliabilty??? thanks guys:beer:
It's a pretty new product, so I don't know how many people are going to have any experience with it. I've never even seen one, so I can't speak to how quickly it spools. If it were me, I would save and do it right the first time and get a 9.5ti. If taken care of, that thing will last forever. But that's just me....I've learned from building several rigs it's better to wait (even if you have to wait a while) and do something right the first time. :beer:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm running a XRC8 with synthetic line. It probably won't see much use but for $399 and free shipping I couldn't pass it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts