JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sahara
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just bought a winch and winch plate for my 13 Sahara with stock bumper.
Now how do I go installing it?
How do I install the winch plate?
do I need to remove the plastic bumper or not?

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
If you have a 10a / sticker edition bumper, you can buy a winch plate and all
the things needed to adapt that bumper to hold a winch. The easier / better option is buying an aftermarket bumper.

the question is:

do you want to just quickly swap the old bumper for a new one with an integrated winch tray? They are usually big and ugly and look goofy. They also stick out because they accommodate stock frame horns + crash bar and all that crap up front.

or…
do you want to chop frame rails, add a winch tray and a stubby bumper? Those look better but require work, again look at my build thread.

The third option is no bumper and just run a winch tray and have nothing up front. That would be my pick next time around.

·
Registered
2013 Sahara
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the tundra tested 10 000 lbs winch, can’t wait to install it, will probably have to wait, I bought the winch plate for it on sale at 35$cdn
just don’t know how to install it or what hardware I need to install the plate.
looking at a rough country bumper to help with the look of the Jeep and ease of install.
Would like to save that money but it would look great and the price isn’t too bad 375$cdn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts