JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 'm deciding on a winch for our '06 TJ which is soon to have a Poison Spyder Stubby bumper with a bull bar. I am running a 9.0rc on my Sahara JK and have used it a couple times. I've noticed that the Warn RC winches there are so many winches these days to select from ... I've seen the new winches on some rigs recently (was it Sludge or RC with the nice new winch) The new designs are pretty darn nice!

Just wanted to see what ppl have to say about winch selections...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Share your Wench! ... I mean Winch ... sry ladies...

Bump...

No Wench input? ... damn ... I mean Winch ...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WTH?

Well isn't this just boring ...

Can't get a rise out of anybody even when inquiring about a good Wench!

WTH is going on with JKO...

I live for the raz that goes on in here!

Stop ruining my Christmas!

·
Vendor
798 Posts
EZ,

We are having a blow out sale on winches!

CHECK THIS OUT........

New Pricing On CSI Winches For Forums Members
ORW Is Offering New Special Pricing On CSI Winches For Forums Members.

W3500 -----$109.99
W8500------$329.99
W9500------$449.99
P12000------$469.99

Well known in other parts of the world where winching isn't just for weekend fun, but a day-to-day necessity for survival, Competition Specialty winches are quickly becoming the winch of choice for those who can look beyond the 'name' recognition of Warn, Ramsey, and Superwinch... and would actually rather make a purchase based on quality while saving a few dollars.

Outback designed, tested, and proven, these winches and accessories are bringing the industry to a new level. Compare the quality of the Tmax winches with Warn or Superwinch, not the cheap prone-to-failure electric series of Milemarker or (should we even mention them on the same page?) Magnum and Chicago Electric.

These winches use a 3-stage planetary drive system for efficiency and durability... NOT a worm drive like many low cost winches on the market. Further, other brands that use a planetary drive use pressed/stamped gears. Machined gears are heat treated for maximum durability. The winches are also geared very low to increase power and safety.

You want power??? How about 6.6hp!!! Try and beat that big-name-expensive-guys! These hi-output series wound motors are well-known outside the US for endurance and reliability. The excellent gearing ratios combined with that insane power rating creates excellent resistance to overheating and wear.
More features? All winches feature a posi-loc drum brake which automatically locks the drum to the beefy main gears at the moment winching stops. Compare this with the cone brake in most other winches and the drum lock wears less on the motor, helps keep temperature lower, and is just all around more reliable. It might surprise you to know that most winches use inexpensive bushings for their moving parts. CSI prides itself in using a full bearing system for smoother cooler winching. This also requires less amperage to drive the unit which draws less load from your vehicle's charging system which is nothing but good.

Don't expect these prices to last long though. As more and more offroaders catch on and the CSI name becomes better branded, prices are expected to increase. For now though, don't miss out on these great winches and mind-blowing low prices. They won't stay this affordable forever!!! If you are looking for the best value and bang for your winch buck... look no further than our CSI winches

ORW is offering the CSI P1200 winch to Forum Members only for: $469.99 - PLUS SHIPPING !

I am getting one of these for Christmas for my Jeep. We (ORW) have received many positive reviews from Customers who have purchased CSI Winches.
This has been a relatively new product at ORW, the quality is there, the price is right, if you are in the market for a winch for your Jeep, or as a gift for someone;

PM, E-mail, or Call with questions or if you would like to place your order.

IN ADDITION TO THE CSI WINCH SALE, ORW IS OFFERING RUGGID RIDGE SYNTHETIC WINCH ROPE AT A SPECIAL FORUM PRICE (SEE ADDITIONAL POST FOR INFORMATION)

John

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best TJ match with a Poison Spyder stubby

I'm thinking the 1200 might be a little much for that little bumper... the 9500 or 8500 might be a better fit

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thinking about the WARN... but ...

If there's one thing I've come to learn about my oldest is he really likes having his own identity... If I've got it ... it's old man stuff! Not that we don't get along ... just that he likes being different... than me... I mean... Nothing wrong with that as long as we're Jeeping together. I'm considering the Superwinch cuz the blue looks so good with his TJ... OOPS! the Blue RC ... Yellow was the 4500lb That wont work...

Especially when we get all the PSC stuff mounted...

Still not discounting the CSI ... still looking at your site...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Difference between the RC series winches?

Whats the main differences between the Rock Crawler series winches and other winches? The appear to have a smaller footprint and they come with synthetic rope ... anything else? Does CSI offer an RC winch?

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Whats the main differences between the Rock Crawler series winches and other winches? The appear to have a smaller footprint and they come with synthetic rope ... anything else? Does CSI offer an RC winch?
they are all around smaller, weigh less, smaller drum and allow for less cable but a little thicker maybe 3/8". I believe they pull a little faster as well. I think they will end up with 50' of cable instead of the typical 80 or 100 feet.:beer:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can't say I have heard of CSI winch, and did not find them listed on your website, to ORWJK. To me it is Warn, and that is the ONLY maker out there that is worth the price. Can you post some of these reviews touting the CSI line of winches, would love to learn more about them.

Brent

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Superwinch 95RC

Anybody running the Superwinch 95rc ... How do you like it?

Got pics?

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
they are all around smaller, weigh less, smaller drum and allow for less cable but a little thicker maybe 3/8". I believe they pull a little faster as well. I think they will end up with 50' of cable instead of the typical 80 or 100 feet.:beer:

50' would be a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
50' would be a deal breaker for me.

I agree ... 50' is rather short. I've run a 12k Ramsey on my Excursion since new in "02 and have winched everything for RV's off a beach to a Bobcat out of the mud. However since the 9.0rc was on my Jeep when I bought it I've learned a couple things... I found that I like a smaller design winch up front... I don't mind carrying the extra length of rope when crawling ... It can come in handy for a variety of things. Also I found that the couple times I used the winch, 50' did the job, though I do feel better having that extra rope stored away just in case... :beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.