JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 07 Unlimited X. I would like to put 285/75/16 tires on her. I have heard that the most you can run with outrubbing is 285/70/16. My question is will rubbing occur only at near or full flex when I am wheeling or will it happen during my daily commute? My plan is to put the new wheels and tires on and then put a lift on in about a month. I am not going to go off road until my lift is installed. Also I hate having the little 225's on there so waiting to do it all at once would kinda suck. Thanks in advance.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
That's roughly a 33 - you will be fine driving around on the street. Rollbar13has 33's with 5in back spacing wheels (I think that is the BS) and he wheeled it without ripping a fender off - it did rub a lot tho.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yeah my 33's rub if I make too tight a turn on the road as well, so I would think that they would be the biggest you'd want to go without a lift...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the wheels I'm putting on only have 4.48 in of B.S. so I think I'll be ok if you guys agree let me know. I just need someone to give me permission to blow money:D

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
i have 285's and drove about a week on the street with no rubbing before i did a 2" BB. i have about 1/16 of an inch of clearance between tire and fender in the rear at full flex with the BB's, so i would not want to take it off road without a lift. unless you dont care about your fenders.
:beer:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have 285's and drove about a week on the street with no rubbing before i did a 2" BB. i have about 1/16 of an inch of clearance between tire and fender in the rear at full flex with the BB's, so i would not want to take it off road without a lift. unless you dont care about your fenders.
:beer:
Thanks I'm not planning on it.

·
Registered
783 Posts
anyone have pics of a jk at stock height with 285/75-16's?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts