JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a nice price on a soft top from a 07 JK. It says it comes with all hardware.

Will it fit my 09? I think I remember hearing the hardtops were a little different so I didnt know if the soft top was too.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've been told there is no difference. I just bought an 07 top for my 09. Haven't been able to put it on yet, so I hope I got good info!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Im almost positive they didnt change until the 2010's. You should be good to go

·
Registered
97 Posts
It will fit. Any year soft top will fit, as long as it is complete. IE, if it is a sunrider top the surrounds are different from 'non-sunrider' tops.

I have had 3 tops on my '07: the original, an '09 Sunrider, and a '10 Sunrider. All fit perfectly, and the original top leaked perfectly. :thefinger:

·
Registered
146 Posts
So you can get the new added feature of a 2010 soft top for a 2007? The not having to put the lip into the plastic door surround, or take it off? First I'd heard this, I was told that the 2010 just wouldn't work.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So you can get the new added feature of a 2010 soft top for a 2007? The not having to put the lip into the plastic door surround, or take it off? First I'd heard this, I was told that the 2010 just wouldn't work.
Yes. As stated above, I have a 2010 top on a 2007 Jeep. Several guys had them on their Jeeps months before the '10's even began production.

Whoever told you that was in error. :smokin:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
the only top difference between the 07 and the 09 i believe is for the hard top. center loop for the freedom panels moved to the opposite side. soft top should be good to go. just make sure the door surrounds match the top for a 2010 top.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts