JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have an unlimited and was wondering if I can fit 38X15.5X20 tires on my 4 inch lift thanks
yes. depends on flares and lift but it will work.

4" Pro Comp, Smittybilt body flares (or whatever the hell they are called) and 38x13.50x20 Toyo MTs wrapped around 20x10 -24 Fuel Wheels...exta width would not be that big of an issue though

·
Registered
575 Posts
On the red Jk, are those 13.5" or 15.5" wide?

OP asked about 15.5". That seems like a very wide tire.
Brian is running the 13.50 which runs 14.3 wide. 15.50 is waaaay to wide IMO!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Agreed.

Fishy, why do you want/need such a wide tire?

I'd try a 37x10.5x17 if I could find a set..............
bring your jeep by the shop...we can trim the fat off of the sides and melt it to the tread. easy fix!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys I found a nice set of tires that size and got a really good deal. Im going to the jeep shop near me later this week and they are going to make it work. Ill post pictures and details later

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Thanks for the info guys I found a nice set of tires that size and got a really good deal. Im going to the jeep shop near me later this week and they are going to make it work. Ill post pictures and details later
tell us about your Jeep.

Modifications?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Theres a bunch of mods 4 inch suspension lift, 20inch west coast chopper black widow wheels, fab four front and rear bumper/tirecarrier, wildboar fastback top, all lights are blacked out with oracle halos, 2 10" kenwood subs, mbrp exhaust and a few other things im sure im forgetting

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wheel Backspace?

Check your backspace with those wide tires, or you'll be rubbing the frame rails in front on full lock. I have 4" BS and rub the rails at full lock/stuff with 12.50 x 37 BFG Krawlers. If you're just krawlin' the malls, you'll be good-to-go, though!:thefinger:

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Yes. I don't see how you're going to avoid rubbing with that wide a tire. Aired down and flexed out is gonna be even worse.

Extreme backspacing on the wheels and/or wheel spacers may eliminate the rub but then you have a bunch of tire sticking out and more stress on your hubs/bearings/etc.

·
Registered
575 Posts
are those the streetlock wheels or true beadlock?
bolts are just for looks. MHT built the wheel with Jesse James name on it...still have a few sets of them laying around here at the shop. def made for a small niche.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Poison spyder has a set of the true beadlock on one of their rigs.

I thought the gold ones Jessie had on his TT a few years back in Baja were sweet!

·
Registered
374 Posts
20s on a JK :flipoff:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts