JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited with a Teraflex 2.5" budget boost and 1" spacers and am looking to get 35" x 12.5 tires.

I always heard you can fit 35" tires with a 2.5" b-b, but saw someone else apparently having problem with the rear 35" tires clearing the rock rails.

Does anyone know for sure whether 35's will clear or not?

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
There are ways to make 35's fit with no lift at all. Flat fenders, low bs wheels, spacers. It also makes a difference if you are running off road with the sway bar disconnected or are just going to run on the pavement.

Doing a lift and not addressing the control arm length will push the wheels towards the center of the jeep and may cause rubbing issues. Most people that don't want to spend the money on adjustable control arms will just trim those rub areas.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome!

Thank you guys! :beer:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jeff, AKA jeeper,

Where did you get the seat covers... I want a seat just like that...just ordered a new JK and already putting my list of mods together and those seat covers need to be on it.

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited with a Teraflex 2.5" budget boost and 1" spacers and am looking to get 35" x 12.5 tires.

I always heard you can fit 35" tires with a 2.5" b-b, but saw someone else apparently having problem with the rear 35" tires clearing the rock rails.

Does anyone know for sure whether 35's will clear or not?
You may have to trim the rear pinch seam and possibly chop the rubi rails depending on how true to size your 35" tires are going to run. If you want to run stock wheels with 1" spacers then the spacers won't be enough for 35 X 12.5" tires. 1.75" Spacers recommended with stock wheels and even with them you still might get some rubbing at front wheel steering lock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts