JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in her windshield that is!!!! She was driving home today and took a rock in the top right corner and immediately it cracked about a foot. It has a few other rock dings so I guess its time to replace it. Does anyone have a general idea of what it cost to replace windshield in '08 JK ??

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
Here in Cali SafeLite will do it in your driveway (or work, or wherever else you ask them to come) for $250. Not sure what it will be in Texas.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to check with ins to see what my deductible is...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
My insurance deductible for a windshield repair was either $50 or $100, I can't remember which, but it was cheap and safelite will come to your place to fix it. I took mine in because I had a broken side window from a punk that broke in, and since I had a cracked windshield I had them replace both.....I'm thinking it was 50 deductible each.....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just had my second (in three years) windshield replaced at a small local shop and it was only $160 (same as last time).
I was only in the shop about an hour and a half.
I would sugest you call around before getting it replaced, sometimes the smaller shops give better prices.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Only costs a little more that $200 up here at my local shop.

But the local shop I deal with will also repair long cracks as well...for around $50.

Grant

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Call the ins. In FL, if you have ins and you get a crack, it is FREE replacement.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Some insurance companies have a specific company that they require you to go to.

Also- many insurance companies will not count a windshield claim against your policy (meaning, you don't risk having your premiums increased just because you filed a claim for a new windshield).

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Mopar is cheap shit glass, safelite is a step up! Sorry you had a bad experience. I have had nothing put positive results with safelight.
Safelite gets most of their glass from Mopar.
I know because I sell it to them.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I saw somewhere in here there was a link posted to a lexan (sp?) replacement windshield. I have had 8 chips fixed trying to avoid cracks, then just like your wife, I caught a rock that cracked right away. I wonder if the lexan is alright visibility wise? The link showed that it was only $200. I know as soon as I put a new one in, it will get hit.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I called Safelite and after 10 minutes and 40 questions later she finally gave me a quote of $192, literally 30 seconds after I hung up the phone they call me and offer $20 off....so I'm looking at $172. My ins deductible is $200 so I won't be filing an ins claim.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I thought there is a "no picture=didnt happen" rule on here

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
id say we need pics of the foot long crack on your wife to see what the problem is
Ding dongs, Ho Ho's & Twinkies are the usual suspects.

:laughing::laughing:

J/K

SafeLite FTW. Not sure about your state laws but in FL windshields are covered 100% through your auto policy. SF covers glass 360degrees. Zero deductible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts