JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
13,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

I've wanted one forever, my Wife surprised me with a new camera/kit yesterday! I have lots to learn, it looks like TexasKev is going to give me a crash course on these things. It's a Canon T2i with a 18-55mm & 55-250mm lens. :bounce:

Some pics from messing around this morning.

· Registered
132 Posts
Love love love my DSlr. B&H photo is great for additional lenses or toys you want to add on. I got a prime lens for portraits, a directional flash, and a couple of general use lenses. You can get off brand lenses, just make sure they have good glass....it makes all the difference.

Congrats on your new toy!!!

· R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,961 Posts
Guhhh! I'm jealous, just the DOF in some of your pictures alone makes me way to run out and buy one. I'm going to get one eventually, I think I'm turning Japanese! What an awesome Wife by the way! :beer:

· Registered
13,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guhhh! I'm jealous, just the DOF in some of your pictures alone makes me way to run out and buy one. I'm going to get one eventually, I think I'm turning Japanese! What an awesome Wife by the way! :beer:
Thanks! She is awesome, I like messin' with this thing. Check out my dog, Ranger :laughing::laughing:

· R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,961 Posts
Thanks! She is awesome, I like messin' with this thing. Check out my dog, Ranger :laughing::laughing:

Dude, that's freakin awesome, the only thing I have that's fast enough to capture that moment would be my Canon SX series. Wish my dog wasn't so lazy and would play ball. She just herds the kids, that's it.

· Registered
13,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice... If you want to buy a wide angle lens let me know lol. I am thinking about selling some of my canon stuff so I can buy some stuff for the jeep.
I think the only one I am looking for, right now, is the 50mm f/1.8 lens. But it's only $110 to start with from Best Buy. :beer:

· Registered
13,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice Mustang! I've owned three, but managed to hang onto the Mopar for the longest.. ('69,'68, '87 GT). Hell I've had that car for 7 years now, bought it when I was 17.

I don't really track the car anymore, I've run 70 passes or so down the 1/4 at LVMS with the 318 that's in it. Kinda got tired of chasing 1/10ths of a second and waiting for hours to get another pass. One of these days I'll actually get some work done to it!

· Registered
46 Posts
Right on! hey do you by chance know what is the best/biggest tires i can put on a stock 07 X? I have the Moab wheels like you do. Im pretty new to all this.. only had the JK about a month.

· Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Nice shots! I like the depth of field as well on the Cuda shots.

I've got a Nikon D90 that I love but always end up grabbing a point and shoot when I go wheeling, always afraid I'll mess up the D90.

· Registered
2,911 Posts
i love my T1i. if you havent yet check out photography on the net. its a canon forum. there is always used stuff for sale on there. thats where i got my body, kit lens, 2 filters, 3 batterys, charger, and case for $500.

not sure what mode your shooting in right now. but try Tv mode. it lets you adjust the shutter speed and exposer and automatically sets your F.stop. on sunny days drop you exposer down to get a more blue sky.

· Registered
272 Posts
Right on! hey do you by chance know what is the best/biggest tires i can put on a stock 07 X? I have the Moab wheels like you do. Im pretty new to all this.. only had the JK about a month.
32 shouldn't be a problem as that is what the rubicon came with. probably will see rubbing if you go larger.

I forgot to mention...you should probably get some filter lenses. A plain UV lens will help with color stability as well as protecting your glass from scratches and the misc crud that gets on lenses.
Like said here. Get some filters. If you are going cheap lenses might as well go with some cheap filters lol. Get a circular polorizer it will help with reflections and getting blue sky. UV ones fall in the take'em or leave'em section, I have them on mine but only because I prefer to keep everything nice. If you don't get them it isn't a huge deal just be careful.

When getting filters I prefer to go with the nice higher end ones. Cheaper ones aren't going to do you any favors and can ruin what would have been a good photo lol.

cp, shot from car to show blue sky lol (love Colorado).

001 by jchurch, on Flickr

some of the canon gear on my table lol.

IMAG0131 by jchurch, on Flickr

· Registered
13,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
32 shouldn't be a problem as that is what the rubicon came with. probably will see rubbing if you go larger.

Like said here. Get some filters. If you are going cheap lenses might as well go with some cheap filters lol. Get a circular polorizer it will help with reflections and getting blue sky. UV ones fall in the take'em or leave'em section, I have them on mine but only because I prefer to keep everything nice. If you don't get them it isn't a huge deal just be careful.

When getting filters I prefer to go with the nice higher end ones. Cheaper ones aren't going to do you any favors and can ruin what would have been a good photo lol.

cp, shot from car to show blue sky lol (love Colorado).

001 by jchurch, on Flickr

some of the canon gear on my table lol.

IMAG0131 by jchurch, on Flickr
Very nice! I plan on buying all I can Canon and new if I can help it. Or from some very reputable friends, ones that take care of their stuff. The beauty of it is that it all can really last many years without any trouble.

:beer:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.