JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a long day at work, getting home late bit tired. I met at the door by my wife and she says we have to talk. I'm like ok.... She proceeds to tell me that my youngest son's girlfriend just got kicked out of her home. She's just turned 16...beautiful, polite, considerate and brightest young lady I've ever met at that age. Just finding out tonight that she is originally from Australia and was given up by her parents and put in a foster home... got sent here to Canada and adopted by her parents she has now. I guess she been putting up with verbal abuse for about 6 yrs, being told she's no good for nothing and will never amount to nothing. She is a model, she got the job herself, has medical issues with her heart and has her own car that she bought herself.

I've also found out her mother is not stable. Her step dad hates her.
I've told her we will help her as much as we can with whatever she needs... even if it's just to talk. My mother in law has told her that she can stay at her place as long as required... I just don't understand......

Why would anyone do this to a 16 yr old? I just needed to get this out... thanks for listening.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Upside is that she sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders and people around her like you and your family that do care about her. As hard as it may be now she will be far better off without people like that in her life.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Just keep supporting her, she'll be fine. Good for you for caring:beer:

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Like said above it sucks what she has gone through but is extremely lucky to have you and your family in her life to care for her.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
So after a long day at work, getting home late bit tired. I met at the door by my wife and she says we have to talk. I'm like ok.... She proceeds to tell me that my youngest son's girlfriend just got kicked out of her home. She's just turned 16...beautiful, polite, considerate and brightest young lady I've ever met at that age. Just finding out tonight that she is originally from Australia and was given up by her parents and put in a foster home... got sent here to Canada and adopted by her parents she has now. I guess she been putting up with verbal abuse for about 6 yrs, being told she's no good for nothing and will never amount to nothing. She is a model, she got the job herself, has medical issues with her heart and has her own car that she bought herself.

I've also found out her mother is not stable. Her step dad hates her.
I've told her we will help her as much as we can with whatever she needs... even if it's just to talk. My mother in law has told her that she can stay at her place as long as required... I just don't understand......

Why would anyone do this to a 16 yr old? I just needed to get this out... thanks for listening.
Admirable of you both to help her, it's ashamed so-called parents like that exist, this would be the best thing for her. I speak from experience, similar story here, but just know you and your wife will make a difference in this young ladies life with what you're both doing.

·
Registered
514 Posts
you sir and your family are outstanding for stepping up. the world is scary enough. sad that the foster parents are like that. apperantly the screening process was not good enough to let her end up with foster parents like that.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I have someone I endearingly call my "spare sister". One of my sisters friends was living with her aunt and uncle here while she finished high school (her mom had moved to New York). Her aunt and uncle were the stereotypical overbearing, oppressive Asian type, and it wasn't working out for her. So she came and lived with us. We had the extra bedroom so it was no big deal. She still calls my mom, Mom. She is part of the family.

Good on you for helping. It'll make a difference.

~SoCo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.