JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just saw this while trolling craigslist during the snow emergency that is today

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1088450732.html

he clearly lists it in the heading as an "X", but in the pictures you see the "Rubicon" decal on the hood and he even describes it as "no lockers".

LAME...nothing wrong with an X, just don't slap a Rubicon decal on it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't think that is a "real" Rubicon. It's kind of hard to tell but the "Rubicon" font doesn't look factory

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ask LIFTED&LOADED.
no kidding...

it is definitely not a Rubicon, he even says so in the title; and the dead give-a-way is he says "no lockers"

to each his own, but i find it odd.

·
Registered
966 Posts
toally, not against putting something else/custom there, but to slap rubicon on it? Yeah I don't get it either.

·
Registered
494 Posts
People do strange stuff for sure. I sold cars briefly in ‘99 when the oil industry was bad. Anyway had a guy buy a V6 Camaro, told me he was going to make it look like an SS. I tell him well at least get a Z28. Nope! He spends a ridiculous amount of money on the Hood, exhaust, rims, z rated tires, seat stitching, stickers, Hurst shifter, floor mats, the whole nine…He came in for something and I told him you know all Z28’s and SS’s have black roofs right. (his was white like the car). Response…”Hmmm, guess I’ll have to get it painted.” :shaking:

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I see a lot of that on the barrett-jackson auto auction stuff.They call them "tribute" cars,or clones if the engines are up to the rest of the phoney crap.You'd be surprised that people (some) really go for that sh!t. :shaking:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Its because he recognizes the Rubicon owners (like me) are superior humans :thefinger:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another question...

Why would someone lift and re-gear an X, and never actually go off road with it? Seems like a waste of time and money if you ask me. I understand some people just like the "look," but I still don't get it.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Why would anybody lift anything and not take it off road.What would be the point of that,or is that the "maul crawlers" thing?

·
Registered
439 Posts

Wow, the one forum member who's done it and he hasn't chimed in? I'm shocked. lol

Ironically, I'll be putting some badging on my JK when I get it back that it never came with, but they're not Rubicon decals. lol

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
:homersimpson:I replaced all of my F150 badges with Powerstroke F550 badges because they look more betterer :homersimpson:

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I wanna put a turbo diesel sticker on my Jeep and a whistle tip so everyone can hear the "turbo". Woo WOOOOOO!
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the cure for cancer will not be discovered by #53 or his sidekick Slo-Mo Joe.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
the listing was deleted. Did Y'all shame the fool? :mr-t:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts