JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with all the spam accounts? We've got Nuvalskincare flogging skin cream (I hope the fucking guy stays in his well),
CharleneRJackson selling ammo today, and someone else every day now. What do you do to screen new members? Nothing?
I know JKO is a ghost town, but now it's a joke too. This isn't a volunteer admin thing, this is 100% an owner thing. I mean, seriously, it's gone downhill since the OG sold it, but you guys are 100% fail lately.

Super Moderator
What's up with all the spam accounts? We've got Nuvalskincare flogging skin cream (I hope the fucking guy stays in his well),
CharleneRJackson selling ammo today, and someone else every day now. What do you do to screen new members? Nothing?
I know JKO is a ghost town, but now it's a joke too. This isn't a volunteer admin thing, this is 100% an owner thing. I mean, seriously, it's gone downhill since the OG sold it, but you guys are 100% fail lately.
it is probably the mere fact of JKOwners becoming one of the top 3 or 4 most popular places on the entire internet; once JKO reached "Kardashian" level popularity here, it was inevitable that we'd get sh*tloads of SPAM and baiting attempts.
馃ぃ
Or whomever owns the place simple doesn't care to prevent the site's list of links links being culled by every lowlife bot that exists, enabling them to crawl and spam each public URL endlessly.

screen new members? lol...silly Coilrod. There are no screens whatsoever.

Community Manager/Admin
Can you give me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Also, we can report these if you can provide the following info:
  • Description of the issue, including frequency
  • Date and time (including timezone) when it occurred
  • Platform, OS, and browser
  • Geographical location of user (city, state, country)
  • IP address of user
  • Advertiser URL (if you click on the ad, where does it go?)
  • Information on the ad call (when you inspect the ad, who is it coming from)? - a screenshot of the elements code should suffice

Jeff M

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
it is probably the mere fact of JKOwners becoming one of the top 3 or 4 most popular places on the entire internet; once JKO reached "Kardashian" level popularity here, it was inevitable that we'd get sh*tloads of SPAM and baiting attempts.
馃ぃ
Or whomever owns the place simple doesn't care to prevent the site's list of links links being culled by every lowlife bot that exists, enabling them to crawl and spam each public URL endlessly.

screen new members? lol...silly Coilrod. There are no screens whatsoever.
I can't quit y'all.馃馃寛

Super Moderator
Can you give me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Also, we can report these if you can provide the following info:
  • Description of the issue, including frequency
  • Date and time (including timezone) when it occurred
  • Platform, OS, and browser
  • Geographical location of user (city, state, country)
  • IP address of user
  • Advertiser URL (if you click on the ad, where does it go?)
  • Information on the ad call (when you inspect the ad, who is it coming from)? - a screenshot of the elements code should suffice
Jeff M

not sure what is doable now that wasn't last year ,Jeff.

here is screen grab of my 1st login this morning. We never had this kind of junk make it's way in prior to the change.

I go to "New" content since last sign-in & it's usually all spam such as these two.

it's why so many premium & long time members left...

what can you do aside from add another IP to the list?
J

you can go piss up a rope
Sad the VS folks are playing dumb on this.
I think they harvest clicks with all the spam and moving to XenForo just made it easier.
It's their forum, so I guess they can do whatever they want.

It's a bummer J3ff and coilrod feel some misguided reason to stick around this dump, contributing to the traffic.
FYI J3ff, in your screen cap, you only circled half the automated spam shown.

Super Moderator
Sad the VS folks are playing dumb on this.
I think they harvest clicks with all the spam and moving to XenForo just made it easier.
It's their forum, so I guess they can do whatever they want.

It's a bummer J3ff and coilrod feel some misguided reason to stick around this dump, contributing to the traffic.
FYI J3ff, in your screen cap, you only circled half the automated spam shown.
half-hearted circle for half useful spam prevention seems about right

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
half-hearted circle for half useful spam prevention seems about right
My spam replies weren't circled. Gottaget likes so my click count goes up and youtube starts to pay.
Visit my insta #fucky'all.

Community Manager/Admin
not sure what is doable now that wasn't last year ,Jeff.

here is screen grab of my 1st login this morning. We never had this kind of junk make it's way in prior to the change.

I go to "New" content since last sign-in & it's usually all spam such as these two.

it's why so many premium & long time members left...

what can you do aside from add another IP to the list?
J

View attachment 364694
Heya guys,

Those might have slipped through the Approval Queue or approved accidentally. You can Spam Clean them to add them to the database of monitored IP addresses, emails, and usernames.

Here is a quick tutorial on how to use the Approval Queue:

Jeff M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts