JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there running Tera's Elka shocks? How do you like them? How do they compare to Fox?

·
Vendor
2,326 Posts
We sell them, does that count? The Elkas are said to be smoother all aound shock comparied to the Fox's. The Elkas have 4 valves and the Fox's only have 2. We can compair specs and see which one would fit your wheeling style better if you would like. Sorry I can't offer more hands on experiance with them though. I do know that only one guy at TERAFLEX runs the Fox's on his JK. Everyone else runs the Elkas...

-Jason

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I got curious after talking with Dennis from Tera at Moab. He was raving about them. They have an attractive special on right now, too.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Ive had the reg Elka's and fox both.. i liked them both alote... i would agree and say the Elka's where alittle smoother.. cant go wrong with either.:beer:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Truck Hemi in a JK

We have installed all three style shocks Elka's, Fox, Bilstein, i think that the Elka shocks work well at like the Hammers (high speed bumps). We think the Bilstein shocks work well on the road (Smooth ride). We think that the Fox shocks work good on the Rubicon (Over the Rocks). We want to test the Rock Krawler shocks next they also look good. It also depends on what tire you are running and what lift you have.
www.jeepspeedshop.com

·
Registered
129 Posts
I run the Elka's...

Pros: Great ride, my JK is the best riding lifted vehicle I've owned. Off road they are super smooth, can haul ass over terrain that my XJ would rattle my teeth and kidney's out.

Cons: I would like firmer low speed compression valving and the hose to the reservoir could be longer to make mounting them easier and out of the way. Both these can be accomplished but you have to send them to Canada...

I would buy them again, and especially at the new "reduced" price.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My only issues with reservoir shocks is that they are, of course, pretty expensive, and the reservoir is just one more exposed thing to get torn up on the trail. The Elkas are really tempting!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts