JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
When I run my soft top the people I'm talking to can't hear much of what I'm saying with the bluetooth I have so I like to use the phone. I could see getting one or at least my wife. I just bought some hitech one that is suppose to reduce noise, but we'll see. It cost $120...thanks work!:D

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
well unless the law in PA changed recently it wont be me, but if it did then it shouldnt take long for me seeing im on my cell almost the whole time im in my work van

·
Registered
854 Posts
Rockcrawl let us know how it works, I'm still on the fence about what to get besides the plugin thingy.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Luckily I have the my gig system and bluetooth enabled!! I might however get pulled over when they think I am insane for screaming at my steering wheel!! :thefinger: It works better with the hardtop on! heh

Anyone find a good microphone for the mygig yet?? Maybe one with noise cancellation?

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
In the states I have lived in that had that law it was a secondary ticket meaning they can write you a ticket if they pulled you over for something else but they can't pull you over just for that. In Cali can they pull you over for it?

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
Yeah, it was a cali law that went into effect the 1st of July, you can get pulled over and ticketed for that alone. :mr-t:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
When I run my soft top the people I'm talking to can't hear much of what I'm saying with the bluetooth I have so I like to use the phone. I could see getting one or at least my wife. I just bought some hitech one that is suppose to reduce noise, but we'll see. It cost $120...thanks work!:D
I use one called a "Blue Eagle" in the big rig, And it works great! It costs about $120 also, But it's worth it to me!

They can be found at the TA Truck Stops that have the "Interstate Connections" store inside.
www.interstate-connections.com

·
Registered
147 Posts
Will never be me. I gave up my cell a while back. The only one if the family is carried by the wife. I can't hear it ring nor talk on it with the doors off and safari top on plus it does not work out here in the sticks at the house anyway. Heck we only have one for us to call out on for the most part we recieve maybe 1-2 calls a week from a friend while we are out of the house. Now traveling or meetimg up with folks it is worth having one but we really don't need it for daily use.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Damn we got a new law here in Colorado July 1st also,

alcohol is now for sale on Sunday's, yet another reason to stay here in Colorado!

Its the only reason I didn't come earlier!! I have to have beer with my Sunday Football.. hahaha..... :beer:==:D==:beer:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey anyone know how much that ticket is here in CA?

There's no sneaking around for me with my tops and doors off!

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey anyone know how much that ticket is here in CA?

There's no sneaking around for me with my tops and doors off!
I think I heard $70 for the first one.

I have already caught myself several times driving down the road talking on my phone!!!:devil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts