JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a race car?

I am just getting back into Jeeps after a few years off. What drew me away was racing a Spec Miata on road courses.

On October 30th there is a play day at Bremerton where I can give rides in my race car. I'll have a loaner helmet, but feel free to bring your own, it may fit better. I'm putting in a passenger seat just for this event. Miatas are small so you will be cramped.

The idea here is to share my primary hobby with some of my future Jeep friends , and have an excuse to drive the car one last time before it gets put up for the Winter. I am slowly reentering the Jeep scene, and don't plan on wheeling my Jeep hard for a few years, just easy stuff and poker runs for now. So maybe someday I can ride with one of you at an event?

Most of you are probably unfamiliar with a Spec Miata so here's the basics.
1) 2300 pounds with driver
2) Lightly modifed engine 120 HP at the wheels
3) On the right track we see 120+ MPH (115 or so at Bremerton)
4) 1.2+ Gs in the corners
5) Full cage and regular race car safety stuff required

Not the fastest down the straights, but among the fastest in the corners. I joined the group because there are a lot of them and the racing is close. I didn't want to win a 1 or 2 car class, I wanted to race close with some good drivers.

Here's a link to a video that shows some of my car. Its the red one (a lot of them are red) with yellow stickers and the number 04.

Part 1
YouTube - dblnats 09 race1 part1
Part 2
YouTube - dblnats 09 race1 part2

Part 2 shows the close finish. All 4 cars are passing for position. Sadly my mistake cost me a few spots...

Its possible that it will be raining, and I plan to run anyway. I have an enclosed trailer and a grill so I think we can stay dry and possibly not starve.

This event has a loose schedule, so I can't say how many spots I'll have, but probably at least 4 or 5. They run from 9AM to dark.

Reply here or PM me so I can gauge interest.

Greg

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wow, that is an awesome offer. I wish I was up in your area. I have always wanted to ride in a race car. I love driving fast. I have always been torn between off-roading and fast cars. That's why I own JK and an Infiniti G35. The Infiniti and my '70 Mach 1 help to satisfy my need for speed and acceleration.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Hey Greg, what a great invitation. I don't think I'd be able to fit in your car. :laughing: I'm sure it would be fun to watch though. I'll have to keep it in mind.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking for the biggest seat I can find ;)

Want to stop by on the 29th and see if you fit before I load the trailer?

What about your son?

I may be able to get you into a fast Mustang that will be pitted with me.

Greg

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Hey Greg, we are planning on making it out. Told my boy to bring his helmet. Is it a rain or shine thing?

oh and what time do they serve Bloodys? :laughing:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Thanks alot Greg, my son had a blast. Dont know if thats good or bad. :laughing: Really cool. And I got to hit Tahuya for a little crawlin while we were over there. Good day for all. :jeep2:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Thanks alot Greg, my son had a blast. Dont know if thats good or bad. :laughing: Really cool. And I got to hit Tahuya for a little crawlin while we were over there. Good day for all. :jeep2:

Wow, thought I came out ok until I looked at the Jeep today. More pin striping. Got to love it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to see you again Ian. The second run was better since they opened up the turns and it was raining harder. I stayed on slicks out of laziness and it was fun.

I got to take my three year old for a cruise in the back part of the facility and do a few burnouts. He loved it. I never have a passenger seat in the car so it was a real treat for us both.

There may be one in May, so maybe I can get you in the car....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wish i was around then, sounds like you all had, hope to see you out wheelin, I'll be the silver 2 door runnin 20" crome, can't miss the stupid lookin thing :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts