JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in snow country, you guys with soft tops, what is your opinion of running your JK with the softy in the snow time?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Our JKU is soft top year round and I didn't have any problems...it was actually a lot easier to clear the snow off of the top (it's a requirement that you remove the snow from the roof of your vehicle). Just turn on the defrost, let it run for a bit, then push up on the top from the inside and the snow falls off! :)

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
I leave mine on year round... I am a little concerned about snow load though, after all we have gotten.... like.... three inches over the past 10 years.

Plus - you can damn near light a cigarette with the heater in these things.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I am a complete nubie to jeeps so please bear with me on my inane questions.

I plan to do lots of reading on this board but sometimes I just get excited and have to ask.

thanks for the replies.:beer:

how is the comfort level when it's cold and snowy?

are your heaters worth a damn with a soft top?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks guys, I am a complete nubie to jeeps so please bear with me on my inane questions.

I plan to do lots of reading on this board but sometimes I just get excited and have to ask.

Works perfectly! Don't worry! There is a great group of people on here that is always willing to help. :D

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I live in northern CT, and run a softop year round. We had 7 feet of snow fall in about a month last winter, never had an issue. If I knew the snow was going to be really wet and heavy I'd make an effort to go knock it off the top at least once during the storm. The heater does the job just fine.

We haven't gotten shit for snow this year besides a freak storm right before halloween that dumped a foot of snow. I'm getting anxious for snow, lol.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Only stupid question is the question never asked!:D

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
This will be my first winter with the jeep ad soft top and I will not be getting a hard top, soft top all the way

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Lived in Missouri with my TJ and spent a winter in Boston with it. In 0 temp weather, once its warmed up, you can not leave the heater on full blast long without melting. The JK heater is at least as good and maybe even better.

You could bake cookies in the front seats of a JK!

OP - you have a great avatar!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
If its's really cold, don't roll up you back window... it will break. Not sure if you can get the cold that we can.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
The heaters in these things are nuts. On a 28 degree morning I've hopped in the jeep and cranked up the heater only to be sweating 5 minutes later.

Sent via Pony Express

·
Registered
413 Posts
One thing I did Before I got my trek top NX(comes with struts to hold up the weaker parts of the top) I cut 3/4 PVC pipe so it fit snugly Enoph to make a slight bow between the roll bars. This kept the weight of the snow from stretching out on soft top.

Sent from a place where there are no roads.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts