JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who reloads and what with?

I use a 650 with brass feeder and have loaded several 100,000 rounds with it without a problem. I very quickly got fed up with primers though, so did pick up a primer filler.

I mainly reload .38Super, but also 9x19 and 9x23.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I don't....I think some of the auto pistols on the market can be a bit finnicky, and I feel reloads will just make them less reliable.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've reloaded around 500k rounds of handgun ammo, and apart from one light load (my fault), have never had a single issue. I've seen plenty of people who have had issues with reloads though, but in just about every case, after looking at their ammo, I could see why. Sloppy reloads = sloppy performance.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I reload 20ga and 12ga trap and skeet loads. Haven't really been active in a while. Don't shoot the leagues anymore.

Also load rifle ammo. (.300WSM, .300 Savage, 30-30 Win. etc.) Use an RCBS rock chucker. Only load about 4 times a year. Does save some money since I'll shoot 100+ .300WSM rounds every trip to the range...:smokin:

·
Registered
445 Posts
.223, .308, .50

I use all RCBS. I'm all about quality over quantity.
I'm with you there. I also throw the powder charges with a powder measure, and top it off with a dribbler, every charge weighed. I measure and trim case length on every round.

Adds some time, but I enjoy the process...:beer:

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
I don't. I just buy the ammo at the lovely walmart. I should though. I just give my brass away at the gun matches and gun range

·
Registered
588 Posts
When I have time I reload for my 308.

·
Registered
664 Posts
.45 ACP & LC, .44 RN MAG, 25/06, 30/06, .300 WBY MAG, .303 BRT and 270 WIN.

here is a pic of my set up

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Ok, so I'm gonna revive a thread from the past.

I reloaded a few rounds (literally, a few rounds... probably no more than a couple dozen) of .30-30 and 7mm Rem Mag back in 1994/5 before I joined the AF with a friends reloading setup.

I'm now trying to get back into the hunting game and trying to get my 9 year old involved. Looking to get him his first gun, which'll probably be a Rossi Trifecta (.410, .22LR, and .243) and I want to get into the reloading thing, too.

Someone tell me, how much is a good start up reloading setup gonna run me? What all do I "need" to do it? What are the optional equipments that I am GONNA want to have?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Not sure what a basic setup will run now days, but between my father and I we spent I think $600.

We got all rcbs equip. which included:

press
case trimmer
primer loader
primer pocket cleaning tool
case deburring tool
brass cleaner/ tumbler with media
oal guage (and cases for our specific calibers)
reloading dies .270 .308(top of the line micro seater) .22-.250 7mm STW
powder scale
powder trickler
powder feeder
and prob. a few things I missed.

After that you will need
Brass
Bullets
Primers
Powder
reloading manuals
http://www.midwayusa.com/ has been pretty good for everything reloading over the years.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Not sure what a basic setup will run now days, but between my father and I we spent I think $600.

We got all rcbs equip. which included:

press
case trimmer
primer loader
primer pocket cleaning tool
case deburring tool
brass cleaner/ tumbler with media
oal guage (and cases for our specific calibers)
reloading dies .270 .308(top of the line micro seater) .22-.250 7mm STW
powder scale
powder trickler
powder feeder
and prob. a few things I missed.

After that you will need
Brass
Bullets
Primers
Powder
reloading manuals
http://www.midwayusa.com/ has been pretty good for everything reloading over the years.
Thanks, guinness. I thought you were a diehard anti-gun person, though.

Eh, I'm just kidding. I know better, but I felt like using the black text here. :)

I'll look into that when I'm ready to setup a reloading station.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Thanks, guinness. I thought you were a diehard anti-gun person, though.

Eh, I'm just kidding. I know better, but I felt like using the black text here. :)

I'll look into that when I'm ready to setup a reloading station.
Oopsie Daisy, I forgot about that.
Here you go.>>>>

GUNS ARE BAD, KILL PEOPLE AND ARE EEEEVIL. BAN BAN BAN BANNITY BAN BAN BAN, ALL OF THEM.:bounce:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts