·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Dang, that's cool!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am gonna be interested to see how you like it. I was considering putting it on my rig, but I ended up going the route of an invisible AM/FM antenna behind the dash and sealing up my factor antenna mount hole.

Post pics when you've got it installed!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I love all the negative reviews on that Amazon link because of poor reception. You are basically eliminating your antenna and people still think it will work like stock! Amazing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Some of the same people also claim that their Satellite reception wasn't affected by the short antenna, just to give you an indication of the intelligence of those people complaining.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Some of the same people also claim that their Satellite reception wasn't affected by the short antenna, just to give you an indication of the intelligence of those people complaining.
What satellite would be affected by that? The SIRIUS satellite antenna is up above the sound bar...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Intelligence? You better check in with yours. My satellite antenna is in the dash! If you have yours connected to the one on the fender that would explain any reception issues you may be experiencing......as well as the intelligence thing you mentioned.

·
Registered
530 Posts
What satellite would be affected by that? The SIRIUS satellite antenna is up above the sound bar...
Intelligence? You better check in with yours. My satellite antenna is in the dash! If you have yours connected to the one on the fender that would explain any reception issues you may be experiencing......as well as the intelligence thing you mentioned.
I think that is exactly what he is saying.... that the people on amazon are stupid because they think their satellite antenna is the same as the am/fm antenna.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I think that is exactly what he is saying.... that the people on amazon are stupid because they think their satellite antenna is the same as the am/fm antenna.

Here's my interpretation of that:

"Some of the people on Amazon are claiming that their satellite reception was not affected by the short antenna. Idiots."​

Well, the people on Amazon are right then..it would not be affected by the short antenna.

If he said:

"Some people on Amazon are claiming that their satellite reception was affected by the short antenna."​

...Then the people on amazon wouldn't be very smart when it comes to antennas. Not that it really matters, but since we're still rollin' with it...

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I'm pretty sure he was saying they were being idiots for claiming in a review of the antenna that it worked well BECAUSE it did not make them lose satellite reception. In other words they were saying how good it was when in reality it had nothing to do with satellite reception.

Don't be so quick to crucify someone...especially a new guy with 6 posts.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Actually, unless it changed in '12, the antenna for Sirius satellite radio is located above the soundbar where it ties into the passenger-side cage.

The satellite antenna in dash over the radio stack is for your GPS/NAV unit.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Here's my interpretation of that:

"Some of the people on Amazon are claiming that their satellite reception was not affected by the short antenna. Idiots."​

Well, the people on Amazon are right then..it would not be affected by the short antenna.

If he said:

"Some people on Amazon are claiming that their satellite reception was affected by the short antenna."​

...Then the people on amazon wouldn't be very smart when it comes to antennas. Not that it really matters, but since we're still rollin' with it...
I still don't get it. Can you graph that out for me? ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts