JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts

·
Administrator
8,750 Posts
Rock Krawler makes a Automatic trans pan.. maybe they or Poly will come out with a oil pan now that Benchmark has all but disappeared from here.

Benchmark Design's Last Activity: 01-24-2011 12:57 PM

^^^ That doesn't look good.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rock Krawler makes a Automatic trans pan.. maybe they or Poly will come out with a oil pan now that Benchmark has all but disappeared from here.

Benchmark Design's Last Activity: 01-24-2011 12:57 PM

^^^ That doesn't look good.
That is EXACTLY what I am hoping for. If a company needs a beta tester, I can get pics of what I do to oil pans. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the benchmark pan on order forever, I couldn't wait anymore. I went with ASFIR:

I think its stout enough to take a tough hit and not let anything tragic happen. You use two factory bolts in the rear tranny inspection plate and two factory oil pan bolts attach the little red piece, then another two supplied bolts to attach the plate to the red piece.

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
I know you dont like Benchmark, and I fully admit the customer service is tragic to say the least, but the oil pan is rock solid. I had it on my two door and it takes the abuse, sadly nothing else like it on the market. I plan on buying it again for my 4door.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know you dont like Benchmark, and I fully admit the customer service is tragic to say the least, but the oil pan is rock solid. I had it on my two door and it takes the abuse, sadly nothing else like it on the market. I plan on buying it again for my 4door.
I know they had some quality control issues early on but that issue is supposedly resolved.

I dont want to deal with the possible issue of not having a product that I paid for a prolonged period of time and more importantly not getting an accurate update on whats going.

I also dont want to support a company that operates like that which makes this situation that much more annoying. :bawling:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had the benchmark pan on order forever, I couldn't wait anymore. I went with ASFIR:

I think its stout enough to take a tough hit and not let anything tragic happen. You use two factory bolts in the rear tranny inspection plate and two factory oil pan bolts attach the little red piece, then another two supplied bolts to attach the plate to the red piece.
Did that one come powder-coated, or is it bare aluminum?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I have been debating in my mind for a long time, over going w a full transmission/oil pan skid or something like benchmark or rancho. I honestly cannot make the decision. Should I fully cover or not? Is the added weight of a full skid worth it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts