JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have a early 2000 set of i/3's and love em.

My dad used to play with a set of the 2's, mid '90s I think. He thought they were great, he only recently switched to a set of graphite shafted clubs a few years back.

the things I'd check are the shaft length (if they are too long get them cut down to size) and maybe regrip the ones you swing the most with a grip that feels good to you.

I have sticky grips that are a little fatter than standard. I can put a decent backspin on my shots inside of 45 yards.

·
Registered
625 Posts
How did you like St Andrews?

my dad and I joined the Coober Pety Australia golf club so we can play at St Andrews as members. The two are linked as sister courses.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Don't EVER get the original Ping grips replaced. It will ruin the value
that makes since, I was thinking along the lines of playability and keeping them long term... I had my pings custom fit (lengh of shaft, head deg, and grips) after the cost of all that I'm keeping mine a long time.

Thanks for the .02 on Andrews.
My mom says that my dad named me after that corse. I'm setting up my year so I can take my dad for a golf trip this coming summer.
I'm excited, though I think I'll get destroyed by the links over there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.