JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find too many posts on it...I'm curious if anyone saw any performance increase or if MPG got any better? I would think that now the Jeep can actually breathe there would be a decent increase in performance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can't find too many posts on it...I'm curious if anyone saw any performance increase or if MPG got any better? I would think that now the Jeep can actually breathe there would be a decent increase in performance.
I wound texpect much, to help it breather better you have to modify both sides, intake and exhaust. Even then I wouldnt expect much gain.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have exhaust...can't exhale anymore than you inhale :)

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
i have it, actually i have the first one. i didnt notice any performance gains but i also got their 300lb skid system installed at the same time so may have killed any performance increases, but i do get better mpg with it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am very much interested myself.
Does anyone have a picture of the new style snorkel with the "extension"? I kind of like the way Safari or Old style RR snorkel looks. For some reason those mushroom like hammer snorkels not appealing much to my taste.
Also, what is the difference (besides location) between new style and old style?
At first when I saw posts on this thing to be developed I thought the new style snorkel will only have a hole in the small piece - edge of the hood, but looking at it now, actually it drills in small and long piece that has the wipers through it. Why?

Anyone still sells old style snorkel from RR?

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
the snorkel is where its at because of stuff in the cowl and prob vision. my mpg went up about 1.5 according to the gauge, and i know its not accurate but it is a increase

·
Registered
851 Posts
I am very much interested myself.
Does anyone have a picture of the new style snorkel with the "extension"? I kind of like the way Safari or Old style RR snorkel looks. For some reason those mushroom like hammer snorkels not appealing much to my taste.
Also, what is the difference (besides location) between new style and old style?
At first when I saw posts on this thing to be developed I thought the new style snorkel will only have a hole in the small piece - edge of the hood, but looking at it now, actually it drills in small and long piece that has the wipers through it. Why?

Anyone still sells old style snorkel from RR?
He still sells my 1st gen and the 2nd gen!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ok, so what was the reason to go into completely different design and position of the second generation snorkel?
For some reason I don't like it at all, I guess I am used to the "Safari" look snorkel.
Also, what is the reason for the first generation snorkel to be significantly more expensive than the second gen? Different use of materials?

·
Registered
564 Posts
I don't think yall are talking about the same thing. There are actually 3 different rr snorkels 1st and 2nd gen full snorkels that go up the windshield and the new "hummer style" that comes out the cowel by the wipers.

If everyone is aware of this just ignore my post

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
I don't think yall are talking about the same thing. There are actually 3 different rr snorkels 1st and 2nd gen full snorkels that go up the windshield and the new "hummer style" that comes out the cowel by the wipers.

If everyone is aware of this just ignore my post

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I was reading through this thinking the same think lmao.

Sent via smoke signal

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Yep, they be confused :D

I like the new RR snorkel (hummer style). Its the only snorkel design for the JK that I like. Im still wondering if it prevents the use of window-mounted off-road lights or a hood mounted hi-lift jack. Or if it can be used with a RIPP.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I thought about the new "expedition" style snorkel. But after thinking about it I decided on the older style. Should be here next week:bounce:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well, I understand there are three types - first gen, 2nd gen and hammer style. However, I was under impression that first gen and second gen JK snorkel (non hammer) are the same in design. So my question, what changed between gen 1 and gen 2 for non hammer snorkel?

·
Registered
11,063 Posts
Ok, so what was the reason to go into completely different design and position of the second generation snorkel?
For some reason I don't like it at all, I guess I am used to the "Safari" look snorkel.
Also, what is the reason for the first generation snorkel to be significantly more expensive than the second gen? Different use of materials?
Demand I think:beer: After seeing Bodyguy DIY this style, the other style was out of the question for me. When we finally do a snorkel it will either be this or the yet-to-be-released rugged ridge one.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts