Here's my story:
Bought Jeep
Built Jeep
Jeep caught on fire
Sold off parts
Jeep getting repaired
Ordered new lift and wheels (Today)
Waiting on Jeep to be repaired
What?? When did your story happen and what caused the fire?

·
Registered
48 Posts
What?? When did your story happen and what caused the fire?
I bought the Jeep in February of 2009. The fire happend a little over a month ago, it was due to a defective cell phone charger. It was a Belkin iphone charger that must have shorted out in the middle of the night. I was quite relieved to find out it was the fault of the charger and not the jeep.

It's Okay though, building jeeps are half the fun, right?

Kevin

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
thanks corey. I've been checking this thread about once a month since i've been here and never have seen anybody from La. here. mais yeah, i'm here fo sho. i used to live in st. charles parish before i retired, that's where corey is. i'm originally from lafayette but now call st. francisville home. how ya'll are, eh? we need more JK'ers here, La., I think has the least on the forum. Proud Rebel is from BR. we do have a La. Social group here. go to either my page or corey's and join up. :beer:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought the Jeep in February of 2009. The fire happend a little over a month ago, it was due to a defective cell phone charger. It was a Belkin iphone charger that must have shorted out in the middle of the night. I was quite relieved to find out it was the fault of the charger and not the jeep.

It's Okay though, building jeeps are half the fun, right?

Kevin
Man, that sucks. I know you had it looking sweet too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Man, that sucks. I know you had it looking sweet too.
It's okay, I'm going to rebuild it better than before. Parts should start arriving this week...jeep won't arrive until end of the month though:pissed:

I'm going to try to get a few guys together and do a one day build, you interested?

Kevin

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's okay, I'm going to rebuild it better than before. Parts should start arriving this week...jeep won't arrive until end of the month though:pissed:

I'm going to try to get a few guys together and do a one day build, you interested?

Kevin
Yea. Let me know when and I'll do my best to make it!

Darron

1 - 20 of 207 Posts