JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my '14 JKR, I got the Premium top. I thought that the Sunrider wasn't standard and it was now an option. I didn't know it was a different material.

It looks great but I don't think it is going to do well over time with dirt and mud. Not sure if it was available in prior years but wondering how it is holding up for those that have one.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I've wondered too, looks pretty awesome..the older material sucks at keeping clean, I can't see it being any worse.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Holds up well and cleans easy. Much better than the older material. I have rubbed mine on a few trees and no tears, I think the other top would of had some holes.

I was skeptical at first like you, but I talked to some Bestop guys and they reassured me this top was better all around. So far they are right.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
When I ordered my '14 JKR, I got the Premium top. I thought that the Sunrider wasn't standard and it was now an option. I didn't know it was a different material.

It looks great but I don't think it is going to do well over time with dirt and mud. Not sure if it was available in prior years but wondering how it is holding up for those that have one.
The sunrider is standard on all soft top Jeeps has been for a while. The material is the same as you will find on high end cars. Anything I have seen that is high end obviously doesn't get muddy but still looks great over time.

Jason

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
My wife has the premium soft top on her 13 rubi. One of our folks in bham just got an NX with the same material. My wife's jeep is quieter on the interstate than the hard tops I have been in. It really does make a world of difference with noise in the cab. Her's has cleaned up well so far but had not been muddy yet (mall crawler).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine is still too new to know how it will hold up but I like it a lot. Get some of the 303 protectant for convertable soft tops. It makes it bead like wax and will help with mud removal. I still clean mine ASAP though. No need to let it bake onto the top.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is still too new to know how it will hold up but I like it a lot. Get some of the 303 protectant for convertable soft tops. It makes it bead like wax and will help with mud removal. I still clean mine ASAP though. No need to let it bake onto the top.
Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to pick some up.

The top on my '91 Porsche 911 that I just sold was original and still in fantastic shape at 23 years. Of course it only had 73k miles on it nd wasn't taken offroad.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The one issue I see is that they don't have upper half doors in matching material.
I wondered about that. I even went out on the Jeep site and built a JK with half doors and the Premium Sunrider top and it let me do it. I thought for sure it would tell me I had to remove the premium top first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts