JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bent my stocker and need to get it replaced ASAP. It uses the stock ends right? Will it fit with 15" wheels with 3.75 BS?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I bent my stocker and need to get it replaced ASAP. It uses the stock ends right? Will it fit with 15" wheels with 3.75 BS?
I dont think it uses the stock ends from the tie rod, it uses the stock ends from the drag link, so you will have to buy 2 new tie rod ends any way.

·
Vendor
2,324 Posts
I dont think it uses the stock ends from the tie rod, it uses the stock ends from the drag link, so you will have to buy 2 new tie rod ends any way.
Correct. We would also be more than willing to help get this fixed for you. RK has a great Tie Rod but we also carry others. We could go over them and see which one best fits your needs. Let us know how we can help!

-Jason

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am still debating. I just spent $5k on tires, gears, and a locker then go out and break my steering stabilizer and bend the tie rod lol. I can go stock for both for just over a $100 and know it all fits. But I cant bring myself to replace with stock parts lol.

I would order what upgrade I need on the cheap side but I need to know if it will fit with 15x8 rims with 3.75 BS and 35x12.5's

·
Registered
402 Posts
I am still debating. I just spent $5k on tires, gears, and a locker then go out and break my steering stabilizer and bend the tie rod lol. I can go stock for both for just over a $100 and know it all fits. But I cant bring myself to replace with stock parts lol.

I would order what upgrade I need on the cheap side but I need to know if it will fit with 15x8 rims with 3.75 BS and 35x12.5's
I'm in a similar boat as you. I'm thinking about just getting a whole upgraded steering kit for the time being to get me by until I do a major upgrade. The stock stuff dont take abuse very well, but its cheap to replace. The Jeep dealer sells steering parts cheaper than I can buy the stuff and I own an auto parts store. I'm finding this to be a common place anymore in the business. No longer are the dealers able to rape and pillage and they are becoming reasonable on selling parts if you find the right one.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
You could also talk to this guy ^^^^ IMO theres is much nice than the RK because you dont have to bust the TRE loose from the knuckle every time to adjust toe. And this is coming from a guy that as owned both.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
You could also talk to this guy ^^^^ IMO theres is much nice than the RK because you dont have to bust the TRE loose from the knuckle every time to adjust toe. And this is coming from a guy that as owned both.
How often are you needing to adjust your toe?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
So this is coming from a guy that owns an alignment shop. I like my shit right. My main problem with the RK TRE tube is that to adjust toe it needs to be a full rotation of a TRE when an adjustment is made. Unlike polys where it adjusts like the OEM. For me, one full rotation on the RK TRE equaled a little over 1/4 of movement toed in/out... so that wasn't acceptable for me. To others, maybe, just not me. And as far as making adjustment often, its all depends on how you wheel. After a hard weekend of wheeling up here in the sierras, beating up your tube, you'd be surprised on how far the toe can be off. But where I wheel its nothing but big rocks and my tie rod tube takes a beating.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts