JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning for EJS and wondering how a jk does.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
The JK does great depending on your set-up. I ran it in my four door, my buddy ran it in his two door (in the snow!) and it was one of the best trails of the week!:beer:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Although the trails in Moab are very scenic and fun, most are easy. Prichet isnt like running Johnson Valley, but the trail is challenging and there are various side obstacles to enjoy. My favorite trail in Moab. You need at least 35s, lockers, really good sliders, and someone who knows the trail.

BFE has more challenging trails, but I hear that the enviros are getting much of that closed.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool we are going to plan on running it on Thursday of EJS. The 3 of us are running 37's and 4 doors. I ran claw and sledge hammer nice to hear prichet is not as tough.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The JK does great depending on your set-up. I ran it in my four door, my buddy ran it in his two door (in the snow!) and it was one of the best trails of the week!:beer:

Your tire in that pic doesn't look so good... if it burped air, you would've been rolling down the hill! Haha. :beer:

Very cool we are going to plan on running it on Thursday of EJS. The 3 of us are running 37's and 4 doors. I ran claw and sledge hammer nice to hear prichet is not as tough.
Did you get your form already?!?!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I love Pritchett Canyon and it's always on my list of trails to run whenever I make it out to Moab. Unfortunately I haven't been back out since '06.

Some other great trails;
Poison Spider Mesa
Cliff Hanger
Golden Spike
Behind the Rocks
Fins & Things

If you are up for an "over-nighter", I recommend Moab Rim as there is a great spot tucked back in one of the canyons for a nice over night camp out and acts as a natural amphitheater.

Want to know more here is a decent and easy read with info provided by the Red Rock 4x4 Club.

http://www.utah.com/offroad/moab_area.htm

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
BFE has more challenging trails, but I hear that the enviros are getting much of that closed.
Not sure what you've heard, but BFE is on private land. I haven't heard of any challenges to it by SUWA, etc. and not sure what if any authority they'd have to close any of the trails. Another landowner has been trying to close an access road that crosses his property, but that's all we've heard.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Not sure what you've heard, but BFE is on private land. I haven't heard of any challenges to it by SUWA, etc. and not sure what if any authority they'd have to close any of the trails. Another landowner has been trying to close an access road that crosses his property, but that's all we've heard.
Maybe i'm misinformed. The last time I was in Moab, the guys we were camping with told us that Coyote, Lower Helldorado, and another trail were closed. Sorry for the misinformation if i'm wrong. Regardless, Area BFE kicks ass over the Moab trails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts