JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my wife a new JKU 'Chief' limited edition. We were thinking some white steeliness would look good on it. I can only find 15" in 5X5 pattern, and I think I recall that 15" won't work on a JK. Do I have that right? Does anyone know who makes a 17" white steelie, or another sort of retro looking wheel in white?

We're also going to lift it a couple inches to run 35s.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
I run 15 inch rims. I dont remember the backspacing, but I've not had any issues.

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
i didn't look too closely but the 3.75" bs , 5x5 ran w/ a 1" spacer could maybe work.
These are online on eBay, Amazon and Summit:
https://www.uswheel.com/collections/truck-4x4/products/white8spoke

They have 16s but only in a 5x5.5 so you'd need adapting spacers as well as your tire selection will be a little less option filled ( amhik; I loved and ran 325/75r16s STTs on my four door - poor mans beadlock- about 5 years ago and really liked them off-road but it was tough finding the kind of tire I sought in 16s)

. I also think a white pair of "5 kidney bean " mags from , like, WheelVintiques offers would look bad ass on that. Look under ' Trucks' and you'll see I think it's the model 30 or 31 from them and it is in 15,16&17 sizes . I have read they can custom bore bolt patterns not listed if you phone them ; maybe worth ringing them up ...
That is the same company that The Mopar Underground team went to for one of my favorite concept Jeeps ever the project JT . Another jko member copied its white wheels ...
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/1879946-post1.html

Last attempt at assisting your request ; I always liked the look of and how they painted just the middle when Rugged Ridge ( Omix-Ada) set this up right wheelwise:

leaving the ring exterior black brings depth optically that can look too shallow when all white...

I didn't like the powder blue chief as much as I do your wife's gold color . Take it from us black freedom top owners; the heat repelled off a white top vs that absorbed by the black tops will be welcomed...that's pretty cool:jeep2:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didn't look too closely but the 3.75" bs , 5x5 ran w/ a 1" spacer could maybe work.
These are online on eBay, Amazon and Summit:
https://www.uswheel.com/collections/truck-4x4/products/white8spoke

They have 16s but only in a 5x5.5 so you'd need adapting spacers as well as your tire selection will be a little less option filled ( amhik; I loved and ran 325/75r16s STTs on my four door - poor mans beadlock- about 5 years ago and really liked them off-road but it was tough finding the kind of tire I sought in 16s)

. I also think a white pair of "5 kidney bean " mags from , like, WheelVintiques offers would look bad ass on that. Look under ' Trucks' and you'll see I think it's the model 30 or 31 from them and it is in 15,16&17 sizes . I have read they can custom bore bolt patterns not listed if you phone them ; maybe worth ringing them up ...
That is the same company that The Mopar Underground team went to for one of my favorite concept Jeeps ever the project JT . Another jko member copied its white wheels ...
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/1879946-post1.html

Last attempt at assisting your request ; I always liked the look of and how they painted just the middle when Rugged Ridge ( Omix-Ada) set this up right wheelwise:

leaving the ring exterior black brings depth optically that can look too shallow when all white...

I didn't like the powder blue chief as much as I do your wife's gold color . Take it from us black freedom top owners; the heat repelled off a white top vs that absorbed by the black tops will be welcomed...that's pretty cool:jeep2:
Some good stuff there. Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could have your wheels sand blasted and powder coated white.
Yes, this is an option. Will be doing this with bumpers and rails. If practical, I just think it would look better with some retro-looking wheels over the five spoke ones that came on it.

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
Yes, this is an option. Will be doing this with bumpers and rails. If practical, I just think it would look better with some retro-looking wheels over the five spoke ones that came on it.
will be doing what to bumper /side-steps, painting them white?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts