JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a whistling sound coming from under the hood while driving down the road and now that I've added an air intake syst. and T/B spacer the sound has increased in volume as well as its constancy. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this or has idea of possible cause, any ides or help appreciated.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sounds like you are hearing intake noise, typical for most aftermarket intake systems. Some are much louder than others. Most likely nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My theory is the noise was there when the stock intake was on it, you just didn't hear it. After putting the aftermarket intake on, you are hearing it now. I sold my Airaid because I got tired of hearing it whistling.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That whistling is normal cai's. Due to the lack of insulation under the hood, you're hearing it more than you would on other vehicles. I've had my airaid CAI on for about 1 month now, and I don't notice it anymore, but I can see some people not appreciating it. I think the benefit of the cai outweighs the negative whistling by far.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
The whistling happens at light throttle tip in, with an Airaid or similar it becomes quite noticeable. During the Summer months with the soft top or no top I couldn't really hear it, but now with the hard top on I can hear it again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, that's when it whistles the most, at a light throttle. Hey thanks for the replies, been a big help as well relief to know others have similar quirks. I was kinda worried I might have cracked T/B on the install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts