JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2012 attic wrangler. 106k. About 3k miles ago my father started to notice a whistling sound during heavy acceleration or any shift north of 3000 rpm. Did a trans pan (clean) fluid (not burnt) lines not blocked, cooler not blocked, cooler bypass valve. My dad brought it to his old job (jeep dealership) and let one of the techs look at it. Tech said it was a transmission. Brought it home did a torque converter stall test and it passed. Got a trans and out it in, 2 days on my back in a garage later whistle noise is still present. New trans did make the car feel tighter but problem still not fixed.
We dove into the engine now. Took the plenum off went to check lower intake manifold bolts and they were just passed hand tight. Tightened them to spec, replaced gaskets and plugs on our way back up. Changed the belt and found a tension pulley frozen. Replaced that too.
The damn thing still drives the same. We are running out of options and ideas. I even went as far as taking and plastic trim items, readjusted my top, deer noise things taken off. If anyone had any similar issues : loss of power, whistle on up shift and whistle under hard acceleration. Thanks in advanced

1 - 2 of 2 Posts