JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had asked about getting shown around Walker Valley before and was told I would be guided but in return they would like a guide thru Whipsaw up here.

Well a trip has/is planned for July 28-29th this year.

Here is the invite for those interested. It is a 2 day trip. No gas stations or stores or anything once we hit the trail. Just cool scenery, obsticles and good peeps. Bring what you need to camp over night. Some people may spend the friday night in a campsite in Manning park to have less driving the saturday.

Last year we ran into to much snow on July 10th weekend, so be prepared for any weather conditions. although we will keep an eye out for poeple doing the trail before then.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I was part of the Whipsaw for Walker deal ;)

I am interested in this trip. I need to check some scheduling first though. A Rubicon trip is the following week.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump.

back to the top. just checking in to see if anybody is going to be coming up for this trip.

bubblegoose Rubicon the next week isnt a reason to miss as i will have just returned from there the monday of the week we do Whipsaw.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Ok so who's interested in joining us for this run? The Whipsaw trail is a fairly moderate cross country trail which can be done by stock JKs without a problem. 20 miles of dusty fire road delivers the group to a cross country trail that is a point to point run of aprox. 30 miles.A few areas offer places to test out modified jeeps capabilities and the group always sticks together and travels at a comfortable pace for everyone. A few alpine meadows and gorgeous viewpoints make this trip worthwhile not to mention the fun of wheeling with a group of up to 20 JKs. Three options for departures available with a group leaving mid afternoon Friday, evening Friday or main group Saturday morning.It's a camp out affair Saturday night with no lodgings or amenities once on the trail which we take a leisurely two days to complete. You can be back on pavement in time to make it home Sunday night. Family rated, friendly group... good times. Bugs assured...possibility of a fire ban but that usually happens later in the season....there will still be patches of snow up there.

Come up and cross at the Sumas border crossing and you are right on track to meet up. Anyone interested should feel free to contact myself, bigD74 , Shayu, Starcat or likes2jeep here on JKO. We'd be happy to have you join us because a few of us would love to come down and wheel some of your local favorites as well.

You can always monitor the active thread in the Canada section on this board as well.

Cheers,

Pat

·
Registered
746 Posts
Take your time and come up Friday and meet us right near the Sumas border crossing around midday...there's a group leaving at 2:00. I'll come down to the border to meet anyone who wants to join us and lead you up to the meeting place just 10 minutes away.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Tentative in for this. Got approval from my wife. Trying to talk my buddy mark into going. If I do come out it will be on friday leaving Seattle by 2:00.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tentative in for this. Got approval from my wife. Trying to talk my buddy mark into going. If I do come out it will be on friday leaving Seattle by 2:00.
I'm thinking about it. Mentioned it to the wife, she doesn't care. I did some research to find out how to bring my dog into Canada too. So now I just have to convince myself that I want to drive up there. Also need to ask work to get an afternoon off. I'm gonna catch a :shitstorm: for it. I'll keep you posted. :hide:

PS. This forum has really fun smileys. :marcy::jeep2::cookiemonster: :shocked:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm thinking about it. Mentioned it to the wife, she doesn't care. I did some research to find out how to bring my dog into Canada too. So now I just have to convince myself that I want to drive up there. Also need to ask work to get an afternoon off. I'm gonna catch a :shitstorm: for it. I'll keep you posted. :hide:

PS. This forum has really fun smileys. :marcy::jeep2::cookiemonster: :shocked:
Bringing the dog into Canada is easy. I have brought mine into the USA many times. Just make sure you have proof of shots. Although I have never been asked for them either direction.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bringing the dog into Canada is easy. I have brought mine into the USA many times. Just make sure you have proof of shots. Although I have never been asked for them either direction.
That's exactly what I read. I was expecting to have to jump through a bunch of hoops.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts