JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a winch, but it will be more of a "just in case" kinda thing. I don't want to break the bank, but I want something durable...I'm a little klutzy and tend to break things! Suggestions?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have the recon 10500 and it has been great. Engo seems to be a popular brand now.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
recon seems decent and well priced. I think that's what nick has.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I love my Ramsey Patriot 8000. :koolaid:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had a Mile Marker SI 9500 on my last JK, used it a few times to pull out some TJ's! Worked great never had a problem, even after being submerged.

That Recon looks pretty good too, no experience with them though.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Don't know about the recon but I can say for sure you don't need to spend 1K on a winch. I'd get one with sin rope and just look for the best deal.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm ordering a 10k Engo with synthetic line from Jason at Krawl Off-Road. Save money on the Engo but spend the little extra to go straight to synthetic. Last Saturday every rig in our crew had kinks in their cables. That's where failures begin.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Warn M 8000 I pulled out a diseal dually with my JK. No problems and great line speed. Highly recommend.

I have had a mile marker but the line speed was crazy slow just my oppinion Good Luck

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've had my recon for about 2 years, used it a handful of times and it has been underwater more times than I can remember. It has never given me any problems and has always done what I've asked it to do. I would buy it again in a heart beat!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I am going with the smittybilt xrc comp series 10 winch! Great product!!

Sent via horse and buggy

·
Registered
156 Posts
Look at Warn's value series winched, The VR's. I installed my VR8000 just two days ago, it looks like a winner, but no use yet, have not even tensioned the cable yet. I bought based on reviews on-line, a local 4x4 shop telling me they have sold a whole bunch of them with zero returns/issues, and the Warn name. I figure it was perfect for my intended use, just-in case. I am not looking to go places I should not, but want the security to free myself. A Jeep is not a Jeep until a winch goes on it!!!!

Brent

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
I love my Warn M8000 but have had a Smittybuilt XRC8 on my TJ and it worked everytime.

Have friends with the Smitty XRC10 on their JK's wiht no problems at all.

One of the best values out there I think is the XRC10 with the syn rope.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Superwinch epi9000 fan. Used many times. Owned two and would buy again.

Great value.
Great line speed.
Excellent water sealing qualities.
Low amp draw.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I've had good luck with my Superwinch LP8500. Used it one day about 12-15 times (maybe more, I lost count) in the course of about 9 hours pulling a stone dead 2dr JK uphill, through about a foot of wet snow. Never showed signs of heating up or slowing down. She just plain pulled.

Other than that day, I've used it for about 2-3 pulls, maybe. It's your average "just in case" kinda winch.

·
Registered
55 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts