JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
2,957 Posts
CTM's are great, virtually indestructible. Jack is a legend in the industry. The Superior version of the CTM has been back ordered for 2 months now.

If you want to avoid the u joint game altogether RCVs are a great option and have a lifetime warranty on the entire axle.

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
CTM's are great, virtually indestructible. Jack is a legend in the industry. The Superior version of the CTM has been back ordered for 2 months now.

If you want to avoid the u joint game altogether RCVs are a great option and have a lifetime warranty on the entire axle.
uh ya... i think he just wants a replacement lol. Rockauto only lists the bigger one for the D44.

i know it's a common joint for the D30 though.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
The CTMs are incredibly expensive, if your looking just for a replacement, get the 5-760x spicer.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
If you have a Rubicon you have 2 choices:

Really expensive ~ $90/ea at your local dealer Mopar part

or

Expensive Spicer Replacement - part number 5004891 in the "Spicer Life" Series ~ $60/ea

These u-joints are a unique design. The have the cross size of one series joint and the cap size of a different one. Been through it and found an online dealer that had the Mopar ones in the low $70's. Didn't find out about the spicer ones till afterwards, but they aren't that easy to find either.

Sux - but that's the way it is!

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
are these ujoints different than the spicer joints run in the TJ's?

I still have some spicer 760x laying around.
i'm pretty sure on the 30 they're the same. but on the 44 they're bigger. actually i know they're bigger on the 44. i'm just not 100% sure if the TJ 760's will work.

·
Registered
10,344 Posts

or

Expensive Spicer Replacement - part number 5004891 in the "Spicer Life" Series ~ $60/ea

These u-joints are a unique design. The have the cross size of one series joint and the cap size of a different one. Been through it and found an online dealer that had the Mopar ones in the low $70's. Didn't find out about the spicer ones till afterwards, but they aren't that easy to find either.

i'd do these before i did mopar:

ALLOY USA Part # 1652508
Large; Front Dana 44; Front

$99.89
Add Part

·
Registered
3,175 Posts

or

Those are strictly for the D44 I think.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Any ideas on how to get the end caps off the stock U joint? I'm use to clips, not covers like these things have.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
These have C-clips on the inside of the ears of the yokes. Pull all 4 of them then drive them like a normal joint.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Nothing out of the ordinary that I know of. Either use a joint press, or a socket and a BFH to push them out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.