JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rk max travel and am thinking about getting a steering stabilizer to tighten up the loose steering feel. I don't not ever had death wobble and have minimal amount of bump steer. I don't want to have any interference issues with cross brands. What is everyone running with this lift?

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
I have a rk max travel and am thinking about getting a steering stabilizer to tighten up the loose steering feel. I don't not ever had death wobble and have minimal amount of bump steer. I don't want to have any interference issues with cross brands. What is everyone running with this lift?
Bilstein but if you do a search you are going to come up with a wealth of info since this question has been asked often.

·
Registered
803 Posts
You first should at other sources on your "loose steering feel" mainly caster and toe. The stabi might tighten it a little but likely not by much, it's there to soften shock loads and not to tighten the steering.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I said fuck it and I ordered a Bilstein SS and Synergy Tierod clamp from Marcus yesterday. I know you don't need one and there are so many different opinions out there on which one to get. I'm going to try it out and if I don't like it I will sell it to you.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Just get a budget one from any auto parts store. Not a part that you need to spend big bucks on.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Another vote for don't spend a lot of money on this because it's just not necessary.
This what I have but spend as you like...
•Stabilizer-Monroe #SC-2960 $32.00 approx. I put purty yellow paint on mine and a Monroe sticker cause I'm old school. No really I'm just old.
•JeepSWAG.com- Wood's steering stabilizer relocate

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
If you have a loose steering feel check your caster and toe like others have mentioned. Steering stabilizer isn't going to help you a ton if at all. It's one of the last things on my to do list. I just relocated my stock one so it doesn't get smashed.

P.S. still waiting for pics from the run!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you have a loose steering feel check your caster and toe like others have mentioned. Steering stabilizer isn't going to help you a ton if at all. It's one of the last things on my to do list. I just relocated my stock one so it doesn't get smashed.

P.S. still waiting for pics from the run!
I'm gunna try to get it checked out this weekend. Its not a terrible feeling but its not exactly where i want it. This week has been nonstop they will be up soon

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.