JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some sort of steps for my wife and daughter, I am looking at the Mopar tube steps or the Sahara side steps. Before you say don't get either because they will break on rocks or trees just let me say that I don't offroad and there are no rocks or trees at JCPenny's. I would appreciate pics and personal opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Go with the Sahara steps. Will also somewhat act as mud flaps for the front. You can usually pick up a set fairly cheap in the for sale section.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've had the Rugged Ridge 4" oval steps on mine and have loved them. Nice wide step... I'm getting custom rock sliders, so these are for sale...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
IMHO I like the look of the Sahara ones. Yes I own a Sahara but I still like the way they look with the body lines.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Sliders

My wife just uses the Rock Sliders a step.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow...what sacrilage! to put all that effort and money to beef up the Jeep and then never take it off-road?!

BANNED! :grinpimp: Just kidding!
I know, I know I get that alot. I bought the jeep for the fun and freedom of it. I've had Camero's, Mustang's, Chevelle's, even a couple lifted trucks but nothing even comes close to the feeling of cruisin doorless and topless. I've had alot of fast cars(10 sec Mustang, 11 sec Chevelle) to name a few, but I get more comliment's on my Jeep than any other vehicle I've ever owned. Even though I don't wheel I consider myself a true jeeper, plus it just looks BADASS. :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
For now I’m using the Warrior products nerfbar with a removable step. The bar is frame mount and is 1/16th thick so its no rock rail but would offer some off road protection. My plan is to later, when I have the $, to get some rock rails and fab up a removable step for it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the opinions , I was wondering does anyone know if the stock Sahara steps from an 07-08 will fit an 09. I ask because I've seen a couple of threads where people are having fitment issues with some aftermarket steps, apparently Jeep changed some mounting point's on the 09's, I don't know if this applies to factory steps or not.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Here is a pic of the sahara steps. I am getting rid of mine soon so I can put rock rails on it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks for all the opinions , I was wondering does anyone know if the stock Sahara steps from an 07-08 will fit an 09. I ask because I've seen a couple of threads where people are having fitment issues with some aftermarket steps, apparently Jeep changed some mounting point's on the 09's, I don't know if this applies to factory steps or not.
That would be another BRILLIANT move on Jeep's part...:bawling:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I would be willing to part with my 09 unlimited Sahara rails for the right price...I'm looking for sliders anyway. Let's talk, I'm gonna be in DC this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts