JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the old Rock Solid Performance sector shaft brace version 2.0 ( I think ), but after swapping out to new coils and using an Artec raised track bar mount the SS brace was hittin the track bar when I put the jeep back on the ground. So I removed it and went without one. Since then I have got a nice clunking sound coming from my steering box. I have recently acquired everything needed to do a hydro assist but before I do it I am going to send my box to West Texas Offroad to have it rebuilt. I want to get a new sector shaft brace to install on my freshly rebuilt box I'm just not sure which brace to buy. I'm very partial to anything Synergy but there website says it will only work with there track bar, but I have a Rock Krawler track bar. I would use the Rock Solid SS brace but I'm not sure if the new upgraded version ( 5.0 ) will work with my application and I won't use the JKS one because I don't like there products ( just my opinion ). Sk my question is what do you guys use and what is your application. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
You still need a ssb with hydro?

·
Registered
215 Posts
That's what he was probably referring to. You shouldn't need a brace with hydro assist all the pressure is taken off your sector shaft and transferred to the ram
What he said. No brace with hydro assist needed. Been abusing mine for a while now and still on the factory 2007 box.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the jks and it is nice and sturdy. The synergy didn't seem like it has much support right and left.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm the guy who brakes everything, I sleeved and trussed my front axle just to make sure I couldn't bend it. With that said I am still gonna use a sector shaft brace. So what are others using ?

·
Jeepineer
1,495 Posts
Pete, I'm running the synergy brace along with my hydro. I had run the hydro for a few weeks before putting the brace on and did notice a difference (for the better). It's probably nowhere near as beneficial as running one without hydro but it was a cheap safety measure and supports the sector shaft should I ever smack my drag link hard on something.

It did force me to run the synergy trackbar, which is a very nice piece..... imo.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Pete, I'm running the synergy brace along with my hydro. I had run the hydro for a few weeks before putting the brace on and did notice a difference (for the better). It's probably nowhere near as beneficial as running one without hydro but it was a cheap safety measure and supports the sector shaft should I ever smack my drag link hard on something.

It did force me to run the synergy trackbar, which is a very nice piece..... imo.
I'm running both as well

Cheap insurance

Custom Al track bar, so cant speak to which brand fits beyond that

·
Registered
473 Posts
Im running a Rock Krawler track bar and have a Synergy sector brace and track bar brace kit sitting in the garage. Im hoping I wont have any clearance issues either. Planning on hydro assist in the spring.

·
Registered
979 Posts
^^^ let us know how that goes, cause I have the same TB and I need a brace.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I have already bent a synergy drag link and a tie rod, so if it means so ending another couple dollars to save my steering I'm all for it. But I really don't want to have to buy a new track bar if I dont have to. Thanks Mike.

·
Jeepineer
1,495 Posts
By the looks of a a RK track bar and the Synergy SSB I would think that set up would work.
I think the bend is a bit different, but may work. The synergy SSB hangs down a little bit below the sector shaft itself. Let me know if you want and I can take some measurements/pics for you.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Running the JKS here with the full Artec Armour, Synergy tie rod and flip drag like, I run mostly JKS and Synergy, flawless, no issues.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts