JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi i want to install a long arm kit on my jku 2016 these are my options, synergy, metalcloak 4link, barnes 4wd 3link and teraflex

I have a 2016 jku with front 12 rear 14 off-road rebel coilover kit, I'm using rubicon express adjustable arms but have joint issues so I want to switch. use 40-inch tires

What kit do you recommend for quality and for use with coilover?

·
Super Moderator
1,481 Posts
Welcome to JKO!

I can't make a recommendation based on your coilover setup, but I have installed the Synergy long arm brackets on several JK / JKUs.
My personal opinion is that a longarm kit that is making compromises for factory axle bracket placement is really no better than going with "short" arms. JK arms aren't even really short to begin with. The time and effort to install a "bolt on" long arm kit is better spent relocating the fuel talk and going with a true triangulated four link setup. I just finished up installing rear Synergy long arm brackets on a JK and can provide photos of just how bulky and snaggy the brackets are. The bolt on design is not my favorite, either. You will need to wrestle with fitment and maintain torque on all the fasteners. I would rather they just be burned on. The entry cost of long arm brackets is steep for the lack of gains.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I would not go with a long arm unless you are going to ditch the factory fuel tank and go with a double triangulated custom long arm set up. All the "kits" out there are compromised and like snout said put brackets in poor places. You are better off with just a standard short arm set up. With the amount of travel you are running I would recommend the Metal Cloak arms.
Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,481 Posts
I almost thought I wrote your post.LOL.
I'll take that as a compliment.
I promise some day I'll drop off one of my Jeeps to have you make it right as a thank you for all your wise words.

Just so I'm not way off topic.
OP, Here's what I was talking about. So much dangly snagginess.
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
I'll take that as a compliment.
I promise some day I'll drop off one of my Jeeps to have you make it right as a thank you for all your wise words.

Just so I'm not way off topic.
OP, Here's what I was talking about. So much dangly snagginess.
View attachment 365750
That looks like ass/bolt on mess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would not go with a long arm unless you are going to ditch the factory fuel tank and go with a double triangulated custom long arm set up. All the "kits" out there are compromised and like snout said put brackets in poor places. You are better off with just a standard short arm set up. With the amount of travel you are running I would recommend the Metal Cloak arms.
Good luck.
Thank you for your help, here in Spain I cannot change the fuel tank it is very expensive and I think it is illegal to drive on the street, I thought that a long arm kit would improve the position of my axles in their travel, they are currently like this

Attachments

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
long ams do mimize the axle shift during articulation and will affect pinion angle change during articulation, it will not eliminate but will reduce it. They also position the lower links so you will hang up on them more. 3 link kits will feel loose in the rear and have a lot of the axle steer. The lever style supsnsion systems like evo offers has a ton of rear steer too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts