JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend got me windshield light brackets for my birthday. I am trying to decide which lights to get. I am leaning toward the Warn wireless 6.5" driving lights. http://www.quadratec.com/products/97038_7000.htm

Some folks mentioned I should go with fog lights instead for a wider angle of lighting.

I am open to suggestions. I kind of like the wireless thing and not having to run the wires and mount switches in the cab.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Any up to 6" will work just fine, you might measure for anything bigger than that. The Warn wireless ones are nice but IMO you are paying for something that is about as simple as it gets when it comes to wired vs wireless... I started out with the 6" Hella's on the windshield and then went to a PIAA 4" just because it doesn't limit the field of view as much.

I am a big fan of the Lightforce lights...... will be going to those later on.

And fog vs driving vs spot.... it depends on what you want.. I like the spots on the windshield and fog/driving on the front bumper - fogs up high and driving down low.

·
Registered
19 Posts
KC Slimlites

Just mounted these (driving lights) this weekend - going to wire them into the high beam circuit.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have been debating windshield lights since I bought my jeep.. Pretty much decided on buying the mopar wiring kit and having them come on with the high beams just as mentioned earlier in the tread

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to go with the KC Slims driving lights. I'll post some pics when they come in and I get them mounted.

·
Registered
423 Posts
That is a fantastic idea... I have a set of PIAA 520's that I am trying to figure out where to mount them. I would be very interested in mounting them like you did, and wiring them to the High Beam circuit. That's a great idea!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts