JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at lift kits. Out of the two which is a better kit? Both are 2.5" kits.

Rough Country 2.5" Suspension Lift w/ coil springs. $329.95 (Roughcountry.com)

TeraFlex 2.5" Budget boost with shocks. $495.99 (Quadratec.com)

WHICH IS BETTER???

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Teraflex! I have had the 2.5 coil lift from Teraflex for 3 years on 2 Jeeps and put a total of 40,000 miles on the kit and couldnt be happier. I have run this set up from stock tires to 35 km2 to 37 Toyos. The other items I bought to better the kit was a Monster track bar and JKS disconnects.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Def. Teraflex. I have heard things about the RC sagging after your first off road trip. Yes, it is a full lift (coils and such) but Teraflex is much better. Though you will loose flex since it is just a budget boost, but you already have the nice shocks so when you get bored one day you can buy front and rear coils (~$300) and then totally upgrade the set...

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps man!

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Between those two, there is no question it's Teraflex.

My Rough Country springs sagged in the rear so bad it was within 1/2" of sitting on the bumpstops.

If the 2.5 is what you are looking for, check out Rock Krawler's as well.

:koolaid:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Yeah, another vote for Teraflex. Very good quality products. RC may be also but I don't have any experience with them. They don't seem to have the rep that Tera has.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Between the two I'd say neither and save up for a more complete coil lift. I'd look into the rock krawler stock mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts