JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a question for all you JK pros. I currently have a teraflex 2.5" lift and was wondering if I could add the 2.5" budget boost on top of it and would it be wise to? Or should I go with the 3.5" Rock Krawler lift? I am looking to put some 37" tires on it in the near future. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Dan

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's going to be reeeeaaaallllyyyy tall
Yeah, thats what I am thinking too. That's why I am looking to replace the 2.5 terflex system with the RK 3.5" and calling it a day. I've seen some of the capabilities of the 3.5" Mid Arm system and it looks pretty legit.

Thanks
-Dan

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Do the RK lift and don't look back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
Or keep what you have, add a 1 inch body lift and some flat fenders. Put on you 37's and call it a day....
Have you seen Planman's low canter of gravity post's? Lot's of good info out there.
Davesrb

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or keep what you have, add a 1 inch body lift and some flat fenders. Put on you 37's and call it a day....
Have you seen Planman's low canter of gravity post's? Lot's of good info out there.
Davesrb

I have not, I will check them out though. Thanks, everyone, I may go with the RK

-Dan

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
You can't go wrong with the Rock Krawler gear.

·
Vendor
2,326 Posts
With the RK 3.5 or any taller kit you would be happier than just stacking a BB on top. Look at getting the 3.5" RK kit and if your Teraflex is still in good shape, sale it and recoup some of your money. You will be much happier in the long run.

Let me know if we can help!
-Jason

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Do the RK lift and don't look back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
YES

With the RK 3.5 or any taller kit you would be happier than just stacking a BB on top. Look at getting the 3.5" RK kit and if your Teraflex is still in good shape, sale it and recoup some of your money. You will be much happier in the long run.

Let me know if we can help!
-Jason
YES

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Davesrb
that's also not a bad idea

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will I need to do any drivetrain modifications on with the RK 3.5"?

Thanks
-Dan

·
Vendor
2,326 Posts
Yes, you might be able to get away with it for some time but the time will come when you will need to look at new driveshafts front and rear. BUT, the advantage of the 3.5 will outway the "other" route you were looking out.

Do, it right the first time so you don't have to re-do it later...

-Jason

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, you might be able to get away with it for some time but the time will come when you will need to look at new driveshafts front and rear. BUT, the advantage of the 3.5 will outway the "other" route you were looking out.

Do, it right the first time so you don't have to re-do it later...

-Jason
Agreed. I am new to Jeeps so I am trying to figure out hidden costs that can come up with altering the rig. The prices of lift kits look attractive but they don't mention some of the other parts I may need to get to build a great Jeep.

Thanks
-Dan

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Agreed. I am new to Jeeps so I am trying to figure out hidden costs that can come up with altering the rig. The prices of lift kits look attractive but they don't mention some of the other parts I may need to get to build a great Jeep.

Thanks
-Dan
wha'ts the problem with adding a 1" body lift or some flat fenders? your TF 2.5 is a decent lift. You don't NEED to go crazy ditching it.

i'm all about rock krawler lifts, don't get me wrong, but i don't know if you're going to see these amazing benifits out of ditching what you have now.

i think i'd start with flat fenders, and put the 37's on it, and go from there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got a question for all you JK pros. I currently have a teraflex 2.5" lift and was wondering if I could add the 2.5" budget boost on top of it and would it be wise to? Or should I go with the 3.5" Rock Krawler lift? I am looking to put some 37" tires on it in the near future. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Dan
just keep the TF 2.5 and get yourself some flat fenders like Nemisis, Poison Spyder, or bushwacker. I ride 37s on my TF 2.5 coil lift and it does great.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I am thinking about keeping it how it is. I didnt really want to get into replacing drivetrain stuff.

Thanks everyone for all your advice
-Dan

·
Registered
192 Posts
if u allready have the the 2.5 lift stick with it you will have to put money out on other things if your running 37's loike axle shafts gears etc depending on what you allready have on your jeep

1 - 18 of 18 Posts