JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright everyone, I got about 3.25-3.5” of lift and am looking into getting some front lower control arms. I am not anticipating gaining more lift, so with that, should I get adjustable or fixed? I was primarily looking at Synergy’s fixed lower fronts, Rusty’s adjustable lower fronts and Rock Krawler’s adjustable lower fronts.

I was considering the Synergy one’s cause to me, they seem like they’d be easier since they are fixed. I wouldn’t have to fool around with finding the right length. It says for lifts up to 4.5” on the Poly website. However for the same $200 I can get Rusty’s adjustable or for $50 more get RK adjustable and it is a brand we all love. So opinions please.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Do you have a JKU w/ an auto...if so, you will at some point tear the boot on your front DS, grease comes out, DS can eventually lock up. Also, the DS can potentially damage your tranny pan. This may go for the 2door as well, don't know.

All this said because you may want to upgrade your front DS and if you do, you'll want to have the ability to adjust the pinion angle on your front axle. For this, go with adjustable CA's.

Either that you mentioned are high quality. I like Rock Krawler myself, super heavy duty, killer flex.

:beer:

·
Registered
415 Posts
What's the purpose of adjustable LCA's? From my understanding the lowers are just to center the axle/wheels in the wheel well... Would it be more cost effective to purchase non-adjustable lowers and adjustable uppers?
I'm looking at making my own Lowers and ordering adjustable uppers.

·
Registered
376 Posts
What's the purpose of adjustable LCA's? From my understanding the lowers are just to center the axle/wheels in the wheel well... Would it be more cost effective to purchase non-adjustable lowers and adjustable uppers?
I'm looking at making my own Lowers and ordering adjustable uppers.
Yes and no depending on who your talking to.

Your plan sounds good too since you have the tools and experience and time to do it!

Too my understanding caster/ pinion can be adjusted with either or depending on preference!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anyone tried making a factory jk arm adjustable by cutting the end off and welding in a threaded insert. Then using any joint you wanted?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.