JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my budget allows me a pair of dually's, not D2's. Which version works best as a fog replacement, flood or spot? I use my fogs fairly often and don't want to keep getting flipped off by other drivers!

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
The floods are just that, they put light in all directions in a 60 degree pattern. As a fog light, they would be worthless since they have no beam cut off. The spots have a more focused pattern that could be aimed low enough to cut under fog and put a better, more useful beam in front of the vehicle. I've only used my floods a dozen times but use my spots a lot. The floods will probably move to the back when I get a 10" SR....

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I had one spot and one flood, spot was waaaay better, I was still not pleased with the light output so I upgraded to the d2's in spot and it is much better and much happier with the results. You will not be pleased with the spots, trust me, they are better suited as a back up light or camp area lighting, or underneath lighting from all of my "trying to find a place to use the left over lights ideas" they now reside in a cabinet...

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
If you're looking for a light that you'll be able to use every day and don't live in the boondocks, I would look for something other than the Dually's in the stock location.

Regardless of whether you do spots or floods, it's too much light that will only blind oncoming traffic. I had thought of going that route as well, but have decided against it.

·
Registered
775 Posts
As far as the Dually's, the spot is the best. However they are retardedly bright, not only are you going to get flipped off and honked and flashed at but your also going to get pulled over. Look for a different light for fog replacement IF you want to use it on the road.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I never got flashed, I aimed them down a little bit with some washers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As far as the Dually's, the spot is the best. However they are retardedly bright, not only are you going to get flipped off and honked and flashed at but your also going to get pulled over. Look for a different light for fog replacement IF you want to use it on the road.
I fitted Dually Spots to mine and do NOT plan to use them on the street. They put out some awesome light!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts